Menu
Expat.com

Looking for information on doing business in Panama

Last activity 03 August 2011 by Armand

B8807

Hello-
I am a full-time student at WSU in Washington, USA. I am currently doing a research project on doing international business in Panama. I was wondering if anybody would be willing to share any extra legal issues they are aware of when doing business in Panama?
Thank You

Yud

Welcome on board B8807 wink.png

panamahaven

The most important thing about doing business in Panama ? Local Connections. 

[Moderated]

B8807

Local connections? Could you go into more detail? Are you saying the success of your business relies greatly on who you know?

Thanks!

Towner21

If business is anything like getting a job then yes it will depend on who you know. A lot of people get jobs 'por palanca' I think is the phrase

11KUKI

ME GUSTARIA SABER COMO ESTA EL TEMA DE LA CONSTRUCCION PARA EMPRESAS ESPAÑOLAS

11KUKI

YO TENGO UNA EMPRESA DE PINTORES EN MURCIA Y ME GUSTARIA SABER SI SERIA MUY DIFICIL PODER TRABAJAR EN PANAMA

Armand

Hi 11KUKI!

As this is the anglophone forum could you please post in English?
Please avoid writing in caps lock as well.

Thanks and regards
Armand

Articles to help you in your expat project in Panama

• Panama's labour market
    Panama's labour market

Panama's unemployment rate in recent years has hovered just above 5%, a rate which many employers consider ...

• Find a job in Panama
    Find a job in Panama

The most important thing about finding a job in Panama is to do it before you move there – and it may be a ...

• Work in Panama City
    Work in Panama City

Panama has a wide range of industries providing job opportunities for expats – bearing in mind that the ...

• Setting up a business in Panama
    Setting up a business in Panama

Panama is an excellent place for an entrepreneur. Setting up a company is not difficult, the available workforce ...

• Customs in Panama
    Customs in Panama

It is advisable to seek customs information through the official channels before travelling to Panama. Because ...

• Childcare in Panama
    Childcare in Panama

Education in Panama is compulsory for children from 6 years. In general, children attend pre-primary school as ...

• Sports in Panama
    Sports in Panama

A country as conducive to the outdoor life as Panama almost inevitably develops sport-lovers. In this case the ...

• Studying in Panama
    Studying in Panama

Panama has a good number of higher education institutions including some large universities. The public ones are ...

All of Panama's guide articles