Menu
Expat.com

Moving to Panama and working with an NGO

Last activity 31 May 2017 by Priscilla

Towner21

Hi I'm currently considering moving to Panama to live and work for roughly a year. I volunteered there in 2010 for 3 months with Pro-ninos de Darien and really enjoyed my time there. Does anyone know any NGOs that would be looking to employ a native English speaker who is proficient in Spanish to an advanced level, to help coordinate and develop their programmes? The salary wouldn't have to be huge just enough to get by!

gsfromc

I have met with Global Brigades here, not sue if they pay or not. Also Red Cross has different agencies here.

soilsister

have a look on
helpx.net/

toreropanama

Hi everyone,
I am considering retiring to Panama in 4 years. I could not find weather statistics per area per month. Could anyone help me out ? Thanks

Flavioapanama

Hi Toreropanama
you can have a look here boqueteweather.com this is a good start.

Cheers
Flavio

Allium
Towner21 wrote:

Hi I'm currently considering moving to Panama to live and work for roughly a year. I volunteered there in 2010 for 3 months with Pro-ninos de Darien and really enjoyed my time there. Does anyone know any NGOs that would be looking to employ a native English speaker who is proficient in Spanish to an advanced level, to help coordinate and develop their programmes? The salary wouldn't have to be huge just enough to get by!

You could start looking at City of Knowledge (Panama).

ciudaddelsaber.org/foundation/international-organizations-cooperation-ngos/affiliates

Towner21

Thanks for the suggestions!

panamaluxuryrealty

You can try Computrabajo Estas Contratado these are the top sites for job seeking in panama. If you need any help with anything just let me know I work in the real estate business here in Panama, we also provide free guidance to expats.

pitxi

Hi panamaluxuryrealty, i am thinking of relocating to Panama. I heard the rental is very expensive. I wish to live outside the city but no further than about 20 min by car. Could i rent a 2 bedroom house for me and my 2 kids for no more than $500?? What about in the city for that budget???

Thanks for your help and i´d take into account any suggestions for other areas with private schooling?

Raquel

Svenja_90
panamaluxuryrealty wrote:

You can try Computrabajo Estas Contratado these are the top sites for job seeking in panama. If you need any help with anything just let me know I work in the real estate business here in Panama, we also provide free guidance to expats.

Do you still offer help? I am from Germany, intending to move to panama after my university degree by the end of this year. My background is water and natural resources management (M.Sc.). Do you have any recommendations where I can look for a job relating to my background?

Many thanks!!! :-)

Priscilla

Hi Svenja_90

This thread is quite old and you might not receive a response from this member.
I would advise you to start a new thread with your questions on the Panama forum. Active members will then be able to guide you in a more efficient way.

Best Regards,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Articles to help you in your expat project in Panama

• Panama's labour market
    Panama's labour market

Panama's unemployment rate in recent years has hovered just above 5%, a rate which many employers consider ...

• Find a job in Panama
    Find a job in Panama

The most important thing about finding a job in Panama is to do it before you move there – and it may be a ...

• Work in Panama City
    Work in Panama City

Panama has a wide range of industries providing job opportunities for expats – bearing in mind that the ...

• Setting up a business in Panama
    Setting up a business in Panama

Panama is an excellent place for an entrepreneur. Setting up a company is not difficult, the available workforce ...

• Customs in Panama
    Customs in Panama

It is advisable to seek customs information through the official channels before travelling to Panama. Because ...

• Childcare in Panama
    Childcare in Panama

Education in Panama is compulsory for children from 6 years. In general, children attend pre-primary school as ...

• Sports in Panama
    Sports in Panama

A country as conducive to the outdoor life as Panama almost inevitably develops sport-lovers. In this case the ...

• Studying in Panama
    Studying in Panama

Panama has a good number of higher education institutions including some large universities. The public ones are ...

All of Panama's guide articles