Moving to Panama and working with an NGO

Hi I'm currently considering moving to Panama to live and work for roughly a year. I volunteered there in 2010 for 3 months with Pro-ninos de Darien and really enjoyed my time there. Does anyone know any NGOs that would be looking to employ a native English speaker who is proficient in Spanish to an advanced level, to help coordinate and develop their programmes? The salary wouldn't have to be huge just enough to get by!

I have met with Global Brigades here, not sue if they pay or not. Also Red Cross has different agencies here.

have a look on
helpx.net/

Hi everyone,
I am considering retiring to Panama in 4 years. I could not find weather statistics per area per month. Could anyone help me out ? Thanks

Hi Toreropanama
you can have a look here boqueteweather.com this is a good start.

Cheers
Flavio

Towner21 wrote:

Hi I'm currently considering moving to Panama to live and work for roughly a year. I volunteered there in 2010 for 3 months with Pro-ninos de Darien and really enjoyed my time there. Does anyone know any NGOs that would be looking to employ a native English speaker who is proficient in Spanish to an advanced level, to help coordinate and develop their programmes? The salary wouldn't have to be huge just enough to get by!

You could start looking at City of Knowledge (Panama).

ciudaddelsaber.org/foundation/international-organizations-cooperation-ngos/affiliates

Thanks for the suggestions!

You can try Computrabajo Estas Contratado these are the top sites for job seeking in panama. If you need any help with anything just let me know I work in the real estate business here in Panama, we also provide free guidance to expats.

Hi panamaluxuryrealty, i am thinking of relocating to Panama. I heard the rental is very expensive. I wish to live outside the city but no further than about 20 min by car. Could i rent a 2 bedroom house for me and my 2 kids for no more than $500?? What about in the city for that budget???

Thanks for your help and iŽd take into account any suggestions for other areas with private schooling?

Raquel

panamaluxuryrealty wrote:

You can try Computrabajo Estas Contratado these are the top sites for job seeking in panama. If you need any help with anything just let me know I work in the real estate business here in Panama, we also provide free guidance to expats.

Do you still offer help? I am from Germany, intending to move to panama after my university degree by the end of this year. My background is water and natural resources management (M.Sc.). Do you have any recommendations where I can look for a job relating to my background?

Many thanks!!! :-)

Hi Svenja_90

This thread is quite old and you might not receive a response from this member.
I would advise you to start a new thread with your questions on the Panama forum. Active members will then be able to guide you in a more efficient way.

Best Regards,

Priscilla
Expat.com team