Belgian Visa

Hey,

I have a visa type-D valid until 18-03-2017.
With remarks: BNL2, B1, B3 (University name), B7 TOT 08.07.2017.

When does my visa expire? on the 18/03/2017 or 08/07/2017?
Im leaving the EU next week for a trip somewhere but don't know if my visa is expired or not, and if I have to extend it.
Originally applied for my visa stating that i would stay for 10 months, but they gave me one for only 6 months.
(I have a residence permit which will expire on the 08/07/2017 too)

Your residence permit is your visa now. In other words, your permit to stay in Belgium (and travel in schengen) is valid till 08/07/2017.

<quote>Originally applied for my visa stating that i would stay for 10 months, but they gave me one for only 6 months.</quote>
D type visa is to enter the country and register for long stay. After registration you get the residence permit. Once you have residence permit, that replaces your visa.

Do carry your national passport + Belgian residence permit when you travel.

Hello Aneesh,
I am moving to Belgium by end June. My wife and I have lived in US for last one year. We were to planning to obtain Belgian work visa from US but in view of all the apostille requirements we are intending to do it from India. I have already applied for FBI clearance.  I have also obtained my wife's birth certificate based on passport from Indian Consulate in Houston. Will that be accepted as a valid birth certificate? I asked the Belgian Consulate in Atlanta and they  told me that it will not be considered as a valid certificate though the Indian Consulate has clearly written that before 1969 birth certificate were not prepared in India.  What alternative document will be acceptable in lieu of birth certificate?
We also obtained PCC from Indian Consulate, will that be acceptable? Also all documents need apostille?

If you apply to Belgian consulate in India, I guess you may need a birth certificate that is issued in India.

I would guess PCC must be issued from India too.

PCC, birth certificate and marriage certificate must be appostiled.

Hi Aneesh,

I am also in the same situation as Ash57 : Currently residing currently in the USA for the past two years, and will be applying for a Belgium long stay visa (type D) to do research at KU Leuven. Considering the apostille requirements, I would need to go back to India and apply for the Belgium visa there, along with my wife.

I am not sure about the following documents for my wife's application, as we will be applying together.

1. Resident permit in Belgium - Hope we can apply together for the visa, rather me going there first, getting a resident permit and then bringing my wife?

2. Proof of health insurance in Belgium - Do I need to arrange any separate document to cover my wife's insurance from the university?

3. Proof of accommodation in Belgium - Do I need to book some hotels during the first week's/month's stay in Belgium, and show that as a proof?

I am clear about all the other necessary documents, but couldn't find information about the above documents for a joint visa application. Your comments on this would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Fahd