How to bring your car to Cyprus

Hello everybody,

If you exported your car to Cyprus, were there any formalities that needed to be completed beforehand? What were they?

What is the best way to export your car? Is there a limit on the number of vehicles, or perhaps the age of the vehicle? Are there limits on emissions or emission controls in Cyprus?

What are the expected costs of exporting a car? In your opinion, is it worth it?

Once you arrived in Cyprus, what were the applicable taxes? What was the customs process like?

How do you go about registering an imported car in Cyprus?

Is it best to buy a car once you have arrived or to bring your car with you, in your opinion?

We look forward to hearing from you!

Bhavna

Hi no I didn't bring a car with me but im hopinv to I thought it might be nice to here myself from someone who has bought there car over to Cyprus

I suggest you speak to Andrea at RSS Logistics who is well versed in bringing cars into Cyprus
https://www.facebook.com/rsslogistics/

The importing of a vehicle to Cyprus falls into four broad categories that may overlap:

1. Temporary importation. Usually applies to visitors to Cyprus

2. Long-term importation. Usually applies to new residents. Only long-term imports must be registered in Cyprus.

3. Duty paid

4. Duty free. Applies only under certain conditions.

The Ministry of Finance website has more information, in English, on how to bring a car to Cyprus either from an EU country or a non-EU country for long-term or temporary use:

Importing a private car to the Republic of Cyprus

Importing a Classic Car
Procedures are different for long-term importation of classic automobiles to Cyprus.

Details from the Ministry of Finance website on importing a classic car to Cyprus

Cypriot customs have various documentary requirements that must be met, the documentation you will need will be provided to you by us and our agents or is readily available from the Cypriot authorities all of whom are based on or around Limassol port. PM for further assistance.

Hi all

I have just joined the forum and apologies if i am posting in the wrong place

We am currently staying in Western Turkey in our villa having driven there from Scotland back in May.  We are not planning to travel back for the UK for a few months and we thought we might drive to Tasucu and catch the ferry across to Girne.  We then plan to drive around the North for a few days before crossing the border to explore Southern Cyprus for a couple of weeks before then driving back to Northern Cyprus and catching the ferry back to Turkey.

Questions:

1.   I assume arriving in Northern Cyprus (TRNC) is just like arriving somewhere in Turkey - ie no customs or car importation or other special regs - is this true?  Note: We already have full insurance and visas for both ourselves and use of the Car in Turkey
2.   Are we allowed to drive across the border into Southern Cyprus (Republic of Cyprus)? We are UK citizens and driving a UK car with full EU insurance.  Are there any restrictions  or special visas required as a tourist?

Hope you can help - please shout if you need any more info

Steve & Louise

Thanks for the info but decided not to bring our car as left hand drive here in Turkey and North Cyprus is right hand so best to sell it before we go.