Female willing to move to Saudi Arabia

Hey :)

can you please tell me if a girl can live alone in Saudi Arabia?

dear zaynab are comming to saudi arabia on job visa. if you are coming on job visa you can live alone.

Hello Zainab,

Welcome to Expat Blog.

Females do come to Saudi Arabia on a work visa and live on their own, some how independent females are seen here as English teachers for female students or working at large hospitals .

There could be lots of issues since females can not commute very easily, I suggest you talk to female members on the forum specific to your field of expertise for information. :)

Hi zynab

Everyone can live in saudi arabia and work but there are some conditions unlike other gulf countries you have to come under some sponsership if its a lobour visa find some work and stay alone, if its a visit visa again someone has to issue declarationship form here and call you visit and thats not like stay alone, last is job visa from your home country .. So basically staying alone is drastically is a long journey haha..apply for dubai get a 3 months visit visa and stay alone.

ok  :)

I'm looking for job in saudi arabia

You can work in saudi being alone...you can not go alone for shopping and all like in other countries rest alhamdulilah Saudi Arabia is safe comparatively to other countries
Good luck

azeem raza mohammed wrote:

Hi

I wish our OP every success in her hopes and dreams, but watch our for men who seem to think a pathetic chat up line is going to get them laid.

I think it would be more helpful if you talked with females already working here relevent to your field. What job are you applying for ?

Hi zynab

Basically plan first ,what type of job your looking for make a google search for jobs in saudi arabia, upload your CV on all the sities and wait till you get a call ,i dont think you have any contacts here in saudi arabia it would have been bit easier so that they can arrange and call you under some sponsership and then you can mention in CV your berif address in saudiarabia upload it again a bit relax for companys who wants to hire people who stay in saudi only.

Dr rayyan wrote:

You can work in saudi being alone...you can not go alone for shopping and all like in other countries rest alhamdulilah Saudi Arabia is safe comparatively to other countries
Good luck

Cannot go shopping alone. Wow so she has to do all shopping in her home country before coming here ?

Mr hamudi some one shud accompany here like co-workers
Not like India or Pakistan
Go out alone and all

Dr rayyan wrote:

Mr hamudi some one shud accompany here like co-workers
Not like India or Pakistan
Go out alone and all

Oh really. Good to know that. I'll tell my female friends here in Jeddah not to go alone anymore. They been doing it for almost 8 years.

Thanks Doc

Im telling you my experience in my hospital
Rest Allah u aalam

Dr. Rayyan ... which city are you living where females cannot even go out shopping alone ?? Perhaps it would be better if you refrained from posting misleading comments.

U r not getting my point or you dun understand English...
Im not here to mislead anyone okay...
Without mahram obviously female can't go alone...
Simple logic here nurses in our hospital usually they go for shopping together not like other countries...
In a way it's good I mentioned in my first point

Dr rayyan wrote:

U r not getting my point or you dun understand English...
Im not here to mislead anyone okay...
Without mahram obviously female can't go alone...
Simple logic here nurses in our hospital usually they go for shopping together not like other countries...
In a way it's good I mentioned in my first point

Wow, this is a serious point guys, pls make sure all the women that are going out alone should go with mahram going forward
Tomorrow I'm gonna tie down my mom and sister and not let them step out of home without me.

Gosh they been doing it for 40+ years.

Thanks Dr Rayyan ... you are captain mahram from now on....

Up to you...

I would imagine this point is a serious consideration for any expat lady who might be considering living in Saudi.

A simple and direct answer (yes or no) would be a good idea - are ladies allowed to travel alone, go shopping or whatever in Saudi?

Accompanied by another women yes , i have seen women working alone so basically things are changed compare to past everyone books a taxi ...hey taxi !!! ..there are few here and there married womens who dont like getting travelling alone without there husband so overall YES ... Topic close ..i think zynab posted this topic in 2015 also i have checked it and she reposted again ..hope she gets a call if she applied all the best to her.

Hi. i think.this issue is not described properly . Forget 10 years before situation. which was kept in Dark.
even all time Ladies can Travel without Mahrum within city when it is safe,, Mahram Concept is Important it is one major rule in Muslims, reasons may be as ,it is not safe for a single women travel alone, as in case happen while traveling who will help her,or save her in case any wrong happen, in a strange and long journey. But now awareness is clear and safe, communication is faster,for any incident Female can communicate to Her Family or Authorities and she too proper Identification documents Now Ladies can Travel with in City Alone IN TAXI, ..still Women need be aware and alert for her Safety, even In Europe ,USA UK< ,,. i think SAudi arabia is going RIght way,,, Only Issue is  Ladies allow for driving,  Hope Govt find any best or alternative solution like NEW Metro railway in RIYADH and Uber & Kcream  Registered Taxi   etc,,

Fred wrote:

I would imagine this point is a serious consideration for any expat lady who might be considering living in Saudi.

A simple and direct answer (yes or no) would be a good idea - are ladies allowed to travel alone, go shopping or whatever in Saudi?

Hi Fred long time not talk,

The thing is nothing straight in Saudi Arabia .

Females are okay to walk alone so it's a yes

But to be alone female in Saudi Arabia is not common. So she will get some attention.

See? She might be allowed by law to walk alone but people not educated about this. What can she do?

Again, for yes or no, it's yes. Females can walk alone.

KM2017 wrote:

Mahram Concept is Important it is one major rule in Muslims

For Saudi Muslims, maybe, but it's bugger all to do with Muslims in many other countries such as Malaysia or Indonesia.

regardless of women's nationality, women travel alone in Saudi....whether it's for work, gathering with friends, or even meeting their boyfriend.

/thread

Hi everyone,

I guess that everything has been said here.
Thanks all for your contribution.

Priscilla

[ Topic closed ]

Closed