Misyar marriage between filipina and saudi man

Salam to everyone,

Im a filipina working here in saudi arabia, i met this saudi man, single, 33 years old, we had a relationship for 2 year, he is sincere to the point that he came to our house and met my family, then this year he decided to marry me, he went to imara but declined, were thinking about misyar marriage, is this kind of marriage is a legal thing in this country between filipina and saudi man? What are the steps if so, im willing to take this kind of marriage just to be together with him, i love this man and he is so, but the normal marriage that he applied for us was declined..please help us to clarify this thing..we both agreed for whatever the consequences it may bring just for us to be legal in this country...thanks a lot brothers and sisters

Dear Gividen,
        I hope you are doing well. I can honestly say that Misyar marriage isn't attested or recognized here in Saudi Arabia. Actually, it is highly frowned upon and even forbidden. Thus, if you marry misyar, it will not be recognized at all by the government or the sharia here.
      I sincerely advise you guys to check with ministry again and get approval. If not, I hope you find a better way. Take care and I wish you the best.

+1 on what wes_k said above. Misyar marriage has not official or legal standing.

In very simple terms, misyar is a kind of adultery where a man gets verbal confirmation from a lady of physical relation --- with no legalization -- in exchange for monthly wages -- with no other responsibilities (kids etc) lying on his shoulders.

I have no addition to what the guys said above .
why don't you get married in other country ? anywhere out of saudi arabia .

Is this kind of marriage(misyar) is haram? We want our relationship to be in right way(halal) but because of the strict policy for marriage here, it seems so hard for us especially i am not saudi😢, its really frustating that we can't do something about this, that is why we want to marry in misyar...but the real sense of this marriage is about for us to handle.. if we'll marry in mt country it will be fine but as everybody said it will never be recognize here...please were really want to marry here, someone help us about this misyar marriage and what to do? Are they going to allow us because i am a filipina and he is saudi...thanks a lot

gividen wrote:

Is this kind of marriage(misyar) is haram? We want our relationship to be in right way(halal) but because of the strict policy for marriage here, it seems so hard for us especially i am not saudi😢, its really frustating that we can't do something about this, that is why we want to marry in misyar...but the real sense of this marriage is about for us to handle.. if we'll marry in mt country it will be fine but as everybody said it will never be recognize here...please were really want to marry here, someone help us about this misyar marriage and what to do? Are they going to allow us because i am a filipina and he is saudi...thanks a lot

I understand how frustrating this is for you both but Misyar is 100% haram. You should not go that way. Your partner could appeal again to the prince of the region where you are. Maybe he will give him a letter of approval for the ministry.
     I am sorry to hear about your problem. But I will say it again, I sincerely don't advice you at all with Misyar. If you get caught together or get pregnant, it will be a disaster for both of you.

The question is : why Misyar? Is sexual relation has to be made and is that all about it?

I know a few people who were in a situation exactly like yours. What they did was to arrange a ceremony at their home, invite close relatives. The imam of a Masjid close-by was called to make the Tankeeha. 100% halal, though government doesn't recognize it; it is better than anything else.

Agree with TLL above, if its real marriage you are looking for , you could go for the above, but if you are looking for legal protection and recognition then there is no way misyar is the solution, the only solution would be to get permission to marry foreigner. Misyar on the other hand can be constituted as equivalent to prostitution.

gividen wrote:

Assalamo alaykom! I am Filipina married to a Saudi. Tell him to keep on trying to get the marriage permission. That's the only way to legalize the marriage of a saudi man to a non-saudi.

Misyar marriage is a legal form of marriage according to Sharia law. The issue is that it is often abused and misused. In the conventional marriage, the husband has the legal and moral responsibility to provide all the wife's needs concerning shelter, sustenance, and clothing. In a misyar marriage, the wife forgoes her right for the husband to provide her housing or any of the other conditions. In both cases, the marriage must be attested by the court, and there are a formal announcement and celebration as per the customs of the country. The importance of the legal attestation is to ensure that the wife has all her rights protected under the law, including inheritance.

The misconception that is propagated in the country is that misyar marriage is a form of secret marriage without any legal obligations. Without the formal recognition of the marriage, the relationship is considered illegitimate according to the Sharia and Saudi law. Love is blind, as they say, but sometimes passions cloud one's ability to see their circumstances in a rational way. Please be careful not to break the law and customs. Even though your loved one met your family, there is a big chance that his own family does not approve of the union, which is a huge cultural hurdle, or that they are not even aware that you are a part of his life. The reality is that marriage restrictions for Saudi men to marry non-Saudi women are stringent if he is young and it is his first marriage, the restrictions are more lenient for those that are older and are taking a second wife. I do know Saudis with foreign wives and most of them do not live in this country, and those that do, were only able to do so after a lengthy bureaucratic process, connections (wasta), and financial considerations.

TeacherAdam wrote:

Misyar marriage is a legal form of marriage according to Sharia law. The issue is that it is often abused and misused. In the conventional marriage, the husband has the legal and moral responsibility to provide all the wife's needs concerning shelter, sustenance, and clothing. In a misyar marriage, the wife forgoes her right for the husband to provide her housing or any of the other conditions. In both cases, the marriage must be attested by the court, and there are a formal announcement and celebration as per the customs of the country. The importance of the legal attestation is to ensure that the wife has all her rights protected under the law, including inheritance.

The misconception that is propagated in the country is that misyar marriage is a form of secret marriage without any legal obligations. Without the formal recognition of the marriage, the relationship is considered illegitimate according to the Sharia and Saudi law. Love is blind, as they say, but sometimes passions cloud one's ability to see their circumstances in a rational way. Please be careful not to break the law and customs. Even though your loved one met your family, there is a big chance that his own family does not approve of the union, which is a huge cultural hurdle, or that they are not even aware that you are a part of his life. The reality is that marriage restrictions for Saudi men to marry non-Saudi women are stringent if he is young and it is his first marriage, the restrictions are more lenient for those that are older and are taking a second wife. I do know Saudis with foreign wives and most of them do not live in this country, and those that do, were only able to do so after a lengthy bureaucratic process, connections (wasta), and financial considerations.

Same thoughts regarding misyar marriage. Another misconception of misyar marriage is that it is the same with mut'ah marriage which is entirely different thing.

I personally know a Saudi woman who is in misyar marriage and it is legal as it should get. She waived her right for the husband to provide her shelter as she has her own house.

Whether you want a misyar or conventional marriage, the mere reason that you are non-saudi means that your saudi man should apply for the permission. That's the only way for you to be legally recognized as his wife in KSA. Without the permission, you are not allowed to live together without the risk of getting caught and in the event that you get pregnant, you must go out of KSA and give birth elsewhere since you will be charged with zina because you are considered single.

Misyar is halal and no issues with it, but it is not recognized by the official government bodies. Try to get married i a different country like your country for example or let him keep trying. From what you said, you are married to him, you just want to have it registered.

Legalize your marriage according to the islamic teaching i.e get married in your country get all the necessary papers stamped in your home country.
What follows after you come here wont be termed as adultery

Chame1970 wrote:

Legalize your marriage according to the islamic teaching i.e get married in your country get all the necessary papers stamped in your home country.
What follows after you come here wont be termed as adultery

Uhm, apparently, no. The guy is a Saudi and any Saudi who wants to marry non-Saudi must secure the marriage permission before their government will legally recognized the marriage. So technically, the marriage done by the Saudi outside is not binding to Saudi government if no marriage permission.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

+1 on what wes_k said above. Misyar marriage has not official or legal standing.

In very simple terms, misyar is a kind of adultery where a man gets verbal confirmation from a lady of physical relation --- with no legalization -- in exchange for monthly wages -- with no other responsibilities (kids etc) lying on his shoulders.

Absolutely wrong accusation this is adultery
Misyar is a non declared , legalized marriage with full responsibility taking on mind the exception of announcing the marriage which is limited to a few numbers of people due to social , economical or governmental reason the end of the line acceptable on Islam but not recognized by the government

Chame1970 wrote:

The best choice

Saudi Visitors and Labor Consulting wrote:
Chame1970 wrote:

The best choice

The best choice is for the Saudi to keep trying to get the marriage permission. They can get married in Philippines or any other country for all the Saudi government's care but without that permission, she will never be a Saudi's wife if they are in Saudi. She will never be under the Saudi's sponsorship as wife and she will never be in his family card. Having said that, in the event of her getting pregnant here in Saudi, she must get out Saudi because technically Saudi government considers her as single. Also if they are caught living together, they will still be considered violationg the law because they will not consider them married as their marriage is not registered in Saudi. Please take note that the guy is a Saudi. They have that rule in Saudi men and women to secure marriage permission before they can marry non-saudi and be able to register that marriage to their government.

I agree with you dear sister. Im on the same situation, we ve been working on it for more than 2 years already, if its ok with you may we know any way to get the approval?can we discuss in private if you dont mind. We will do everything that we can. Thank you very much sister in Islam.

Sister Zawja❤❤❤

Zariyah wrote:

I agree with you dear sister. Im on the same situation, we ve been working on it for more than 2 years already, if its ok with you may we know any way to get the approval?can we discuss in private if you dont mind. We will do everything that we can. Thank you very much sister in Islam.

Assalamo alaykom, sister. You can always send me a private message. I believe that it is not allowed to post email address here so i cant put it up for you. I will be gladly to impart whatever info that might be useful for you.  :)

tough country ...but obey the law , get registered that's all

Good luck

The misyar marriage is recognised in Saudi Arabia and many Saudi's sign one between them. Such a marriage has many conditions, eg. the man does not have to stay in the same house with the wife and so on.....

Nevertheless any contract signed inside Saudi between a foreigner and a Saudi must have the Saudi permission and you would want to avoid any 'shadowy' contracts signed at the back doors of masjeds by unauthorized imams. You can sign a similar contract outside Saudi eg. your country if you want to at least have some minimum protection/proof of relationship. At least such a contract you can use around the world.

If you want though legal rights inside Saudi, your need to get the permission- there is no other way around it. It is tough- many are rejected and appeal until they get it. Expect 1-3 years of waiting and following up your case. If it takes more than that I would say that the husband is not properly doing his follow up.

The misyar marriage is not recognized legally in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, sad to say.  If he is really sincere, let him re-apply and keep on trying until they will approve.  Inshallah it will.  And don't forget to pray harder and ask Allah's help for nothing is impossible with Allah.
Even marrying outside the Kingdom without any permission from his government is useless since they don't accept this.
Goodluck and hopefully in the right time, everything will fall to its' right place.

Hello dear. I am also a filipina and I have a partner who is a Saudi, we are together for 2 years now and we really want to get married for love and for legal purposes as well. Could you please give me any advice dear? Thank you. God bless!

Kindly check this site:

https://gulfnews.com/world/gulf/saudi/n … -1.2189750

Hi, I'm a Filipina, single, never been married and considering misyar marriage and based on what I read here, misyar marriage is not a good option. I'm still weighing the pros and cons coz I love the guy. He already have 2 children from his first wife but religiously divorce and having a second wife in misyar marriage too.

You can marry whom ever you like. Allah and his messenger did not complicated marriage nor divorce in Islam. He can marry you normally according to the Sharia, no need for misyah. All you need is offer and acceptance from both of you, your wali's approval, your mahr from him and two male witnesses. Any Muslim male that knows the rules can perform the marriage anywhere. You as the woman dose not even have to be present. Only your consent is required. A small wallimah can be done after wards anywhere at any time.

Nothing in Islam say the state has to grant you permission before marriage. Only those condition mentioned above applies. But stay away from Zina, if you want Allah's blessings.

Brother, you are mistaking in your statement. The only one that needs to recolonize marriages is Allah. Misyar is an acceptable form of marriage in Islam, as long as both parties agree to the conditions and the man has to know that at anytime, she can take back her rights.

The government recognizing the marriage is a different matter that has nothing to do with Sharia. If her wali approves and there is offer and acceptance from both of them, mahr is given to her and two male witnesses, the marriage is valid in the eyes of Allah! Now, if they want documents and they want their children recognized by the state, then they have to get the state approval because this is the law here.

Stop bring your cultural baggage into Islam!

Don't agree to this guy's misyah offer, because he's looking not to have full responsibility to the women thus only marrying with Misyah.

Not true!

Knowledge proceeds speech and action!

Misyar marriage is legal marriage, but with conditions. If it is 2 Saudis marrying, they dont need approval from the ministry of interior. If it is a saudi and non-saudi for any marriage, even if it is misyar it cannot be registered with civil affairs and the woman to be added to the family card. Effectively this leaves the wife with no kind of rights.
The paperwork can be submitted via the emara, or via saudi embassies abroad and forwarded to the ministry of interior for approval. Did you see the rejection letter? as if it is an approval or rejection it comes in written form to a valid application, which is numbered.

Bis mi la

Miyar is allowed in Islam and no authority has the right to prohibit it! The alternative is remaining in Zina (major sin) You can agree to Misyar, but at any time you can ask back your rights as a wife.

Basically, Misyar, means you give the man the freedom to see you when he can and for you to see him when you can. He may or may not support you depending on what you both agree. But it is the woman's right to agree or reject it!

Allah knows best

Dear chocolate drops, even if it is permissible in Islam, still a marriage to be enforceable and have any validity, it has to be legal in the country it was drafted and the country she lives. In Saudi, if any imam goes ahead and makes such a contract, he cannot even give it to her as a copy to hold. The reason is that it is illegal for him to perform it.  That means that if they stop her,  say in his car, she has nothing to show. She has to start lying etc. to cover the situation.
If it is two saudis, they can take a copy of this misyar contract as it is legal. So it is two different situations.
Minimum, if they only need a contract they need to travel abroad and get it. Still it will not be valid in Saudi, but at least it will be valid somewhere else to protect her if eg. she gets pregnant. So she must be very careful.

@gividen hi! how are you now? i wanted to have update since i am in the same situation.