Cancelled visa coming back to bahrain

Hi all

My girl friend is planning to look for an job in bahrain, She was already working in bahrain and now her visa is cancelled & gone back to India. She was not interested in working in that company and told a reason that she needs her family and left bahrain ( company was not allowing her to go as she has good reputation) now she fears that if she comes back and gets stamped in immigration, whether my company will get an notification that your old employee has come to bahrain. she will not use her CPR. Also im planning to apply for visa using my cpr , need your advise

Hi,

Kindly visit https://services.lmra.bh/expatportal/login.php and check for the status, if the CPR is still active or try contacting LMRA to find out more, else try to apply for the visa you'll know if there are issues then the visa may get rejected, if the visa gets through then there should not be any issues.

T&R

Hi

I checked and her CPR status and passport shows active and her resident visa has been cancelled...now im planning to call her in a visit visa..bottom line is will my company know ( like through mail notification or sms notification ) that your employee has entered into bahrain...need an clarrity in it..so that she doesn't get into trouble..

I would not know the internal process on how the information would be shared.

Dear sir

Thank you for the effort of replying..it would be a gr8 help when with check your colleagues check and advise me

I did try to but could not get some valid information, i am sure if anyone else has more info they would reply back.

What will happen if I leave Bahrain without notify my employer...  They wanna take my passport and keep with them..it is illegal to keep passport without employee consent..

They are menacing me saying that i cannot work for them if i don't give my passport.. and it is illegal i read on LMRA site.. And this wasn't mentioned in the contract that i should hand over my passport.. If i knew about this i wouldn't sign the contract with them.. So i decided to leave i said to myself better i go from here than being a slave here not able to retrieve my passport if i give

Elena Danilova wrote:

They are menacing me saying that i cannot work for them if i don't give my passport.. and it is illegal i read on LMRA site.. And this wasn't mentioned in the contract that i should hand over my passport.. If i knew about this i wouldn't sign the contract with them.. So i decided to leave i said to myself better i go from here than being a slave here not able to retrieve my passport if i give

Yes it is illegal to hold a passport, but unfortunately the law against those holding passports is not that strict at the moment.

Today again they asked for my passport their HR and my direct manager, I'm still on probation period so I told them I will give my passport after the probation period is finished (3 months). Because according to my contract I can leave whenever I want with 1 day notice without paying penalties. After 3 months probation if I resign I need to give 1 month notice and pay the penalties. I'm planning to report them to LMRA cause I'm scared that if they take my passport they will manipulate me easily maybe they will not give me salary, that kind of stuff. First time I'm encountering this kind of problems in this country. These days I started searching job in EU countries I don't think I can handle this kind of behaviour for a long time.