Medical and life insurance

Can anyone recommend a decent health and life insurere. I want to pay monthly

Dear Mike,

insurance is a fickle thing in Kuwait - they trick you with cheap premiums, but then they get you when you use it above a certain number of times a year - i audited an insurance company before so i know the inner dealings.

your best bet is that your company provides you with private medical insurance.

i would not suggest you do it yourself, its a simple mathematical principle:

you pay 250KD for example, coverage up to KD 5,000. sounds good right? factor in that checkups are anywhere between 20-35KD in certain private clinics/hospitals. now also factor in x-rays, MRI's etc.

at the end of the year, they divide the total KD you cost them by the total KD you paid them, they even use a multiplier for the numerator to inflate it some more.

once the ratio exceeds a certain preset criteria, they increase your premium the next year.

so check with your employer if they offer private medical insurance.

hello dear ,
as legacy mentioned above ,the individual insurance policy in Kuwait is very poor specially if you are suffering from chronic issue.

if there is a chance to do it with a group it will be better*

regards.
yasser.

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please avoid promoting your services freely on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

what if you have to have surgery? I am assuming that a major surgery would cost more like 100,000 KD...do plans usually only cover up to 5,000 KD?

Kuwait Insurance Company

Is that like a website that lists all the insurance companies that are available with the different plan options?