Whats the life as an expat in Hail, Saudi Arabia?

Knowledge wrote:

Dear skk1984,

Thanks you for your quick response and kind information.

Thanking,
Knowledge

No problem. Best of luck!

Regards,

SKK

Dear SKK,

I would like to know what should be the minimum post PhD experience for applying for an Associate professor position. Currently, I am getting around 1500 USD (approx 5625 SAR) in India. Your suggestion, please.

abd1234 wrote:

Dear SKK,

I would like to know what should be the minimum post PhD experience for applying for an Associate professor position. Currently, I am getting around 1500 USD (approx 5625 SAR) in India. Your suggestion, please.

Dear abd1234,

According to University of Tabuk policy document (Academic Promotion Guidebook), the criteria for the appointment of an Associate Professor is:
1- The candidate should hold a Ph.D from a Saudi University or any other
recognized university.
2- The candidate should have at least four years experience as an Assistant
Professor at a Saudi university or any other recognized university.
3- The candidate should have been promoted to the rank of Assistant Professor by
a Saudi university or any other recognized university.

I expect it to be the same for UoH as well.

Dear SKK,

Thank you so much.

Hi everyone
  Thanks to all of you for the useful information. I have been offered a job in Hail. I would like to know if there is any Indian school in Hail for kids. My son is in grade 7 and daughter in grade 2. Please share the detail.

Did you get offer letter? Can you share your interview experience?

Hi Expat Members,

I just recently got an offer from UOH which I accepted. What is the next step what kind of documentation is needed expected time required and expenses in this process. I would really appreciate if someone can share what they have experienced during this process. Thanks

Plz share your interview experience and when did they reply after interview? thanks

Dear
for which post did u apply and in which subject?

Dear Ragulmoon, when was your interview and which subject. I also had a skype interview for Biology on 25th March but didn't hear anything yet. Last week, they asked me for UG certificates but no response since then.

send me ur email

I can share my experience if you send me your email.

JFF84 wrote:

Hi Expat Members,

I just recently got an offer from UOH which I accepted. What is the next step what kind of documentation is needed expected time required and expenses in this process. I would really appreciate if someone can share what they have experienced during this process. Thanks

I would also like to know these details. In which department you have been offered?

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : please share your contact via your private message system. Thank you.

Please share experiences after accepted initial offer letter from UOH.

Hello,

I have been offered a position of Assistant Professor at University of hail and I have already signed the initial offer letter. 

1. I would like to know what will be the next step and how much time is going to take?
2. How is the living standard and how much it will be cost for the two people in Hail?
3. Being a female, what will be the best option, (a) to get housing provided by the university. (b). or to search a place.
will it be ok if I begin the process for the September but join in Feb 2019, because I would like to finish my contract job in Pakistan?
Thanks in advance for the suggestions and reply.

sundaskhan wrote:

Hello,

I have been offered a position of Assistant Professor at University of hail and I have already signed the initial offer letter. 

1. I would like to know what will be the next step and how much time is going to take?
2. How is the living standard and how much it will be cost for the two people in Hail?
3. Being a female, what will be the best option, (a) to get housing provided by the university. (b). or to search a place.
will it be ok if I begin the process for the September but join in Feb 2019, because I would like to finish my contract job in Pakistan?

Hello,

Congratulations on your offer.

1. UoH will send a letter to the Saudi Culture Office in Islamabad to facilitate your visa process. As a first step, you will have to submit your highest degree (duly attested by HEC and Foreign Office) to Saudi Culture Office for attestation. In case your highest degree is from a different country, you will first need to get its equivalence and then attest the equivalence certificate rather than the degree itself. If applicable, You will also need to submit your Marriage Registration Certificate (duly signed by Foreign Office) to the Saudi Culture Office for attestation.  You need to start this process as soon as possible without waiting to hear from UoH as the whole process can take very long. After degree/docs attestation from Saudi Culture Office, they will be sent to Saudi Embassy in Islamabad. Finally, you will do medical tests from their designated places in Pakistan.

2. I don't have first hand knowledge but I have been told it is not more than 2k - 4k for food/groceries depending on your living standard.

3. Again, I don't have first hand knowledge but I have heard uni accommodation in KSA is almost always better than a private place at least in terms of social life. Having said that, you might be able to save quite a bit if you look for an apartment yourself.

4. It may be ok but it is always better to inform them of your decision well in advance to avoid inconvenience to both sides.

Regards,

SKK

Dear Skk1184
Thanks for sharing this information. I have two questions if you can help:
1. Only highest qualification certificate need attestation or all degrees from graduation to PhD. In my case highest qualification is PhD.
2. Since I finished my PhD last year, I haven't received final degree yet. It will take at least 2 more years for me to get it as per my university. I have provision degree. Do the Saudi university accept provisional degree?
Thanking you in advance for your help.

skk1984 wrote:
sundaskhan wrote:

Hello,

Hello,

1. UoH will send a letter to the Saudi Culture Office in Islamabad to facilitate your visa process. As a first step, you will have to submit your highest degree (duly attested by HEC and Foreign Office) to Saudi Culture Office for attestation. In case your highest degree is from a different country, you will first need to get its equivalence and then attest the equivalence certificate rather than the degree itself. If applicable, You will also need to submit your Marriage Registration Certificate (duly signed by Foreign Office) to the Saudi Culture Office for attestation.  You need to start this process as soon as possible without waiting to hear from UoH as the whole process can take very long. After degree/docs attestation from Saudi Culture Office, they will be sent to Saudi Embassy in Islamabad. Finally, you will do medical tests from their designated places in Pakistan.

2. I don't have first hand knowledge but I have been told it is not more than 2k - 4k for food/groceries depending on your living standard.

3. Again, I don't have first hand knowledge but I have heard uni accommodation in KSA is almost always better than a private place at least in terms of social life. Having said that, you might be able to save quite a bit if you look for an apartment yourself.

4. It may be ok but it is always better to inform them of your decision well in advance to avoid inconvenience to both sides.

Regards,

SKK

Dear Skk1184
1. Only highest qualification certificate need attestation or all degrees from graduation to PhD. In my case highest qualification is PhD.
2. Since I finished my PhD last year, I haven't received final degree yet. It will take at least 2 more years for me to get it as per my university. I have provision degree. Do the Saudi university accept provisional degree?

mishrasoft1 wrote:

Dear Skk1184

Dear Mishrasoft,

1. For Saudi Visa, only the highest qualification certificate needs attestation. But it is possible that the attestation body in your country might require attestation of previous qualification certificates before they attest the highest qualification certificate. You need to check this.

2. I am not sure about it but I don't think it should be a problem.

Best of luck!

Regards,

SKK

skk1984 wrote:
mishrasoft1 wrote:

Dear Skk1184

Dear Mishrasoft,

1. For Saudi Visa, only the highest qualification certificate needs attestation. But it is possible that the attestation body in your country might require attestation of previous qualification certificates before they attest the highest qualification certificate. You need to check this.

2. I am not sure about it but I don't think it should be a problem.

Best of luck!

Regards,

SKK

Thanks

Dear SKK!
I have got an offer of AP at Hail University. I have some questions:
1. What is average monthly expenses for single?
2. What is social life at Hail?
3. Should I avail house given by university or rent outside?
4. If I cannot drive then how can I move from place to place as I heard there is no public transport.
5. Can I go to other cities easily for visit?
6. Any big market to buy high speed (like gaming) laptops, iphone/iMac etc?
7. Any international activity at Hail?

Thank you very much!

raguelmoon wrote:

Dear SKK!
I have got an offer of AP at Hail University. I have some questions:
1. What is average monthly expenses for single?
2. What is social life at Hail?
3. Should I avail house given by university or rent outside?
4. If I cannot drive then how can I move from place to place as I heard there is no public transport.
5. Can I go to other cities easily for visit?
6. Any big market to buy high speed (like gaming) laptops, iphone/iMac etc?
7. Any international activity at Hail?

Thank you very much!

Dear Raguelmoon,

I am sorry, I think these questions can be answered by someone who lives in Hail. As I don't live there, I don't think I can answer these questions.

Best of luck.

Regards,

SKK

Hello,

whats the status? any body get reply from the university for visa etc ?

sundaskhan wrote:

Hello,

whats the status? any body get reply from the university for visa etc ?

Not yet. Did you?

not yet as well

Your comments are all helpful.

I am invited for an interview by the University's College of Nursing this 1st of May I pray that it will be okay.

Hi

I also had an interview and signed the initial offer letter and haven't heard from them yet, did you get any update or any confirmation email from the HR that they have received the initial offer letter. Any update?

Not yet!

Doctor,When did you had your interview? And when did you receive the offer letter?

Because I'm still waitinf for the result.

Dear all,

Has anyone recently heard back from the HR after signing the initial offer from UoH?

Not yet! Still waiting....

Maybe after eid they will update us. I also received the offer letter. I will be joining the college of nursing. Hope to meet you all there.

Can u please guide me How to apply UOH for Assistant Professor post? I applied on 2017 but no response.

Kindly reply.
Thanks

Gudia you should apply through the online job portal at UOH, you can google it, I think the posts are almost open throughout the year, they just interview when they need personal for different positions, best of luck.

Has anyone in this post got any instructions for the visa or anything else after signing the initial offer?

Thanks

Still waiting for the HR's instructions.

waiting

Hi SKK,

you mentioned that " You need to start this process as soon as possible without waiting to hear from UoH as the whole process can take very long." After signing the initial offer UOH has not yet send any documents, still one can go to the Saudi embassy and cultural office for attestation. Would be great if you could share some info on this.

Thanks

skk1984 wrote:
sundaskhan wrote:

Hello,

Hello,

Regards,

SKK

Hi SKK,

you mentioned that " You need to start this process as soon as possible without waiting to hear from UoH as the whole process can take very long." After signing the initial offer UOH has not yet sent any documents, still one can go to the Saudi embassy and cultural office for attestation. Would be great if you could share some info on this.

Thanks

GuvJZ wrote:

Hi SKK,

you mentioned that " You need to start this process as soon as possible without waiting to hear from UoH as the whole process can take very long." After signing the initial offer UOH has not yet send any documents, still one can go to the Saudi embassy and cultural office for attestation. Would be great if you could share some info on this.

Thanks

I meant to get your highest degree attested by the higher education commission and the ministry of foreign affairs.

Saudi Culture Office can only attest the degree once it has been attested by the above two and after receiving your visa number from your employer.