Whats the life as an expat in Hail, Saudi Arabia?

Hello dear doctors!
Any update regarding visa letter and granting of visa? When is your departure?

When is your flight Dr.?

Hello Dear Drs!
HEC has not attested my degrees yet. It is taking too long. I think I couldn't join on time. What is happening on your side? Please update..

Nothing is happening as of the moment Dr. Employees will resume their office in the 23rd. Expecting updates next week.

Hello Drs,
Eid Mubarak for all,
I received nothing!!! so I returned to my work at the Ministry of Higher Education in Tunisia. it's really unprofessional and badly behaved of this people

Dear Dr!
Eid Mubarak to you

Hello Dear Doctors. Any update from the Univesity?

I just received an email today from the HRD. I have asked them from my previous email if when is the expected date for me to join the university. They advised me to contact the department.

I came to a conclusion that our application really depends on the department we have applied for.

Hello Doctors. Did anyone of you already reached University of Hail?

i think not! my visa is under process.... did u get visa letter?

Did u hear anything from the university?

Hello Doctor. I am already raising white flag. One of the staff in the college of nursing told me that may be the HR did not pursue hiring me.

I am sending the HR an email everyday but they are not replying.

Did anyone of you already reached UoH?

Thanks.

Still waiting,,,,The HR advised me to check with the concerned department, No reply from the department.
They might have halted the recruitment process,,,,may be forever,,,,

I also have the same experience. After sevaral emails to DFA, they replied me to contact the college. But no response from their side.
Very strange behaviour from their side.
They have been playing with the career of many professionals.

Hmm... I believe they're hiring is really on hild. I have never also heard anything from them. Yeah, they are palying with our career and life. So frustrating!

Me too in same situation.

At least any one got the VISA?

Dear all!
I have got visa and my case for degree attestation from Saudi embassy is submitted. It looks i will join late at Hail.

Once you settled in hail , Please try to undertand unofficially that why they are not sending visa letter to most of the candidates

Wow that's great. All the very best.

Today I have recieved an email from the college and mentioned that my final contract have not been approved by the university and they couldnot hire me for the position

Oh my! May be we will have the same situation. I will just wait for the confirmation.

Hello Doctor,

Did the HR contacted you? Does anyone got to UOH already?

No Reply until now!!

Dear Dr!
Any update? Visa task is over here and now time to fly...

Congrats Doctor

Hi everyone,

Are 13000 Riyals is a good salary (basic plus special allowance) for an Associate Professor? Do you think there is any room for an increase?
My questions, if you can please answer, are that

a) Can I learn Arabic officially, is there any institution or arrangement at the university?
b) What kind of facilities does the university have? (Swimming pool, recreation etc.)
c) Does the university promote research (by incentives) which can be additional income?
d) Is it too much working there in terms of teaching as I would like to do more research?
e) I have heard that the living cost increased in Saudi Arabia (more taxes and more fees for dependents) Can you please tell us the exact cost for principal employee and his/her dependents cost which university does not cover.

I am undecided to accept the offer particularly for family reasons but a little bit higher salary could change my mind.

Thanks in advance

Hi!
Salary is good!
a) Can I learn Arabic officially, is there any institution or arrangement at the university?
No need, you can learn online.

b) What kind of facilities does the university have? (Swimming pool, recreation etc.)

No entertainment at all. You can enjoy music online by sitting at home on weekends. New Cinema is under construction in the city but now you can visit malls.
c) Does the university promote research (by incentives) which can be additional income?
Yes you can do research by yourself, no PhD.

d) Is it too much working there in terms of teaching as I would like to do more research?
Yes only teaching. Full day busy from 8am to 4pm.

e) I have heard that the living cost increased in Saudi Arabia (more taxes and more fees for dependents) Can you please tell us the exact cost for principal employee and his/her dependents cost which university does not cover.

Yes, but Hail is cheaper than Riyadh and other big cities. You will get 25000 for housing which is more than you need. Here good house is 8,000 to 12,000 per year. Food etc is 1000 to 1500 per month. Saving is good.

Thanks for the feedback

Regarding
"d) Is it too much working there in terms of teaching as I would like to do more research?
Yes only teaching. Full day busy from 8am to 4pm"

I do not think that is normal being busy from 8am to 4pm. The load I know should be around 12 to 15 hours per week for teaching?

I would like to get feedback regarding your first impression if you joined Hail University in last 1 year?

Hi everyone,

I have been offered a role outside of the university working 7 days a week in hail. My accommodation and meals are included but is there much to do socially in the city?

Is isolation a big issue for expats here?

Hi I have been in Ha'il for three months. Nothing to do socially, VOX cinemas would be opening soon though. There are trips to the mountains but I haven't been on any yet. The food is mostly indian and Pakistani the weather is good for now.