Changed of family name in Philippine Passport

Hello everyone,

Please feel free to post your insights here. Any information is highly appreciated.

I'm a Filipino expat in Saudi Arabia, I have been here since 2013. I got married last year in Philippines during my annual vacation. After marriage, my husband processed F2A family visa in USA. Out of excitement,  the family name I had used in my application was already the family name of my husband. I never realized I didnt change yet my passport name. My priority date is almost due and anytime I have to go to US embassy for the interview, so I have to present a passport which has the same name in my visa application; however, I'm still going back to Philippines this year for annual vacation and all my documents here in Saudi Arabia esp. IQAMA have my maiden name since I got it before marriage. Renewal of passport in Philippine Embassy takes 40days and since I cant travel with almost expired passport, I renewed it last August 8, 2016 and changed my maiden name to married name. My concern is, I don't know whether  Saudi Arabia will still release me a visa if my family name in my passport and Iqama are not longer the same. 

Thank you.
Iced89

Hello mam.. Any updates regarding your case? I'm planning to change my passport to married name too. Thank you