Keeping up with the news in Germany

Hello everyone,

Living in Germany provides countless occasions to browse local newspapers, listen to local radio stations or watch local TV shows. As everywhere else in the world, local media play a key role in informing the public.

What are the major media in Germany? Which one do you use on a regular basis?

How do you keep up with international issues (newspapers, radio, TV, Internet)?

Thank you in advance!

Priscilla

Reading a daily newspaper is a must.Then of course ,watching the news on TV. the radio when I am driving.

I subscribe to the local newspaper, which I find very important for notices about various local events and announcements, and I read some news online. We watch the Morgenmagazin and the evening news when we're home. There's a Wochenblatt delivered every week with an insert for our tiny village, so I feel informed about what's going on around me.

I listen to my own music while driving, but the Verkehrsfunk that breaks in is important - and sometimes funny! Once we heard that an ostrich had escaped from a zoo in the area, and its partner was missing him. If any drivers spotted him, they were asked to call the police.

Dear,

I want to same job in Germany can you help me kindly shear your email i will send the resume.

Regard
Shakeel Ahmad

Are there any quality English newspapers in Munich that one can subscribe to?

Hi everyone! I can say from my bad  experience with media I do not trust any mainstream sources in any country. That is why I use only Internet and am exploring news from many different places and languages, especially English but also I translate news which I do not understand. Then I can have better view on what is going on in the world. I discovered how differently the same news are discribed in different sources. It was a shock for me. So I started to be afraid of my "free thinking". I am now very carefull WHAT I read or watch.  Mainstream media try to "form our minds and lead us" and I want to avoid this. I prefer to create my own more scientific and analitic point of view. Besides I stoped watching TV when I realised how much time of my life I lost to watch useless and noisy advertisements. :-)