German equivalent to AutoTrader?

Is there a German equivalent to the UK car sales site AutoTrader?

Thanks
Mark

byczcrda wrote:

Is there a German equivalent to the UK car sales site AutoTrader?

Thanks
Mark

Welcome to the Forum Mark :)

Germany's Biggest Vehicle Marketplace Online

Brilliant, thank you! :)

www.autoscout24.de

If one is looking to sell a car without hassle then there is a chain present in many European countries known in Germany as wirkaufendienauto.de (webuyyourcar). They advertise a lot on TV but their claims of giving good prices are BS. I used their site and got a pre-estimate of the last car I owned of 2200 Euros but they said the price can go higher for extras. So I made an appointment, took my car there and waited for a couple of hours of them taking it for a test drive and contacting the person elsewhere who actually makes the offer. In the end they said 800 Euros although there were zero problems other than a couple of minor scratches. ! I told basically told them to F#*k off and used www.mobile.de to advertise it online. Within a week I had it sold to the first person who came to look at it for 3200 Euros. I'm not saying one shouldn't consider getting an offer from wirkaufendienauto but don't be naïve and assume it will be a fair one. In the last years it has also become popular for some dealers to put business cards on people cars offering to buy them. Despite what they claim, such operations rarely offer a fair price.