Corniche Beaches

Can anyone offer me some on advise on visiting these beaches.

I want to know, with all the red tape and regulations, if its worth the effort.

I don't want to go somewhere stuck in crazy traffic , pay big money to end up parked in a corner on a patch of sand and worried if I am too close to someone else territory etc etc.   

In short I need some straight talking if it's worth the walk.

Thanks

5themperor wrote:

In short I need some straight talking if it's worth the walk.

Thanks

Wow, you get to walk outdoors in Jeddah??? You are sooooo lucky.

Can't really walk in Riyadh.  The sidewalks are crumbling and sometimes they just disappear altogether!  I tried to walk from Kingdom to Carfourre and had to take a TAXI (2 blocks) because suddenly the sidewalk was just gone!

Hi Allie - actually its slang for visit - no I wouldn't walk !
-------------

So here is the story for anyone who wants to go to the beach.
The Beaches are walled off with many gates. Once you find a gate that opens and has a reception you are at step 1.
I asked the price and list of the rules.The price was 100R and 12 rules to go with it.I got my ticket and drove through two solid gates.
I was expecting a different world somewhere I could take some pictures,maybe throw a frizbee or just say "hi" to some tourist beauticians on holiday.
The reality is this. You get a patch of sand and your patch of water for guys and you don't really wander into areas that are families .(Single women only come with families please note)
I decided to order a pepsi and bottle of water so that I didn't walk into any areas I shouldn't be.
I gave the waiter 5R and he never came back.Always get you drink and then pay is my advice.Anyway after 1.5 hours I insisted on having my drinks and wasn't going to pay again.I wasn't leaving until this was sorted out and I eventually got my drinks.
When I left I decided that it was my fault for assuming that Beaches in Saudi are normal places.They aren't. My advice is GET a TV and watch the Cricket on the BBC as you will be less stressed and at least you can drink you pepsi not worried about where you are supposed to be looking.

hahaha, ur funny... man u were lucky to enter, everytime i try to go to a pvt beach which as u said they all look as if ur entering a high security area, i get the refusal phrase, weekends only families... how the heck i can come to the beach on weekdays..
not mentioning the crazy prices you have to pay to go in there... best beaches in lebanon wont cost u more than 60rials and they are mixed, in italy its public beaches with topless girls tanning.... however, id pay this hundred to go where expats are allowed so i can c some in a bikini, cuz seeing women going into the water is enough depressing,,,

i was searching for any1 who do kitesurfing,windsurfing but i always faced a big wall regarding any activity here, although they have great empty southern or northern areas....

so  best thing im doing is getting drunk on home made wine and playing cards, although i dont play much!

best luck

well, i never had this kind of bad experience...

shahab.ali wrote:

well, i never had this kind of bad experience...

That's cause you're special ;)

this is sad - i'm going back to cape town!