Confused about visas?

My wife has been offered a job in Edinburgh that would start in June. My sister and her family live there, and we have visited many times, and would love to move there. My employer also has a branch in Edinburgh, and have offered to move me to Edinburgh, so we would both be working straight away.

But, we are confused about visas. I was under the impression that since my wife's future employer would be sponsoring her visa, she would have the 'main' visa, our son would be her dependant, and I would apply separately. But I've read that because she is Namibian, she would still have much greater difficulty getting a visa, than if I had the main visa (I'm a New Zealander), and she came as my dependant and then applied for a separate visa once in the UK? Does anybody know which of these would be better? Thanks.

As we know that visa application is treated in a unique approach - very personal - case by case, so it's not easy to say which one is easier.
For your case, we are looking at 2 things - I may say - first is based on the body who gives sponsorship. You can compare between your employer and your wive's - which one is 'stronger'?
Second maybe the nationality - although I would like to say that this is not a handicap if the work - for example if the job that your wife is offered is on shortage occupant list.

Most of similar case I know, the main applicant applies for visa first. When the main applicant got the UK visa then it will be the base for the dependant to apply their visa. If you are the main dependant - your wife can work in the UK with her dependant visa.

The dependant shall be granted visa before entrance to the UK.

Hope this is help.