New members of the Belgium forum, introduce yourself here – 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Belgium forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Belgium if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Belgium forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015 continues below!

My name is Mirna, I'm half Egyptian/Half Italian, born and raised in Cairo, Egypt. I'm 23 I'm moving to Brussels on the 22nd of this month to start of my master's degree in international politics.  would like to meet people in and around Brussels :)

Heeeey Mirna my name is nart half goergian half Syrian.... You are most welcome in Belgium..... Let's keep in touch if you would like 😉

Thank you :) will definitely keep in touch!

Sounds good.... See yaa soon ✌☺

My name is Osama i am Egyptian ....I am 36 years old.

Hey, Ashik here. From India, able to use all senses to the fullest and so such skillset impressed Nike at Laakdal in Belgium to hire me for their Transport analyst position. I am getting into the job from this month. Currently living in Geel and looking for alternatives to move to Antwerp. Would appreciate your help on this

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=556335

Hi! My name is Chiara, i'm 19 and I come from italy but now I'm here from august to learn english and french like au pair
I just discovered the website thanks to the last au pair..
I think could be funny meet new people and make new friendship.. really better than stay alone!  :proud

Hello all!
My name is Carlos, been in Brussels since December 2015, but just discovered expat.com.
I'm a IT Engineer working in central Brussels and I'm hoping to meet new people from around the world here :)

Hello! I'm Phanich, from Cambodia. I'm looking for how to learn French quickly.

May I ask where are from Carlos

I'm from Portugal.

Born and raised in Porto, been living in Lisbon for the last 9 years before I moved to Brussels.

Hi Everyone,

Well to tell you the truth I've been trying to get in contact with some Algerian expats since it's been more than a decade since I had any real contact with one, found this website ( exelent idea admins/founders btw) while did not expect it to be so well organized (except maybe when I tried to change my name to the real one), then after sending few mgs (copy/paste msgs) I was asked to Join the forums so I ended up here boring you all with this story. :)

So Nice to meet you all.

for the admins:
Since there is no Curacao on the country list I used Aruba as it's few minutes only and basically same Kingdom, would be great if we can have that fixed :) cheers.

regads,
Seif.

My name is Charline, and unlike most of the people in this forum, I am from Belgium, and moving to another country ;-) So if you have any questions about the country, don't hesitate to contact me

Name is Aretha, I will be leaving America January of next year. Relocating to Belgium, Europe, starting over again. Will be looking for Office Administration work upon arriving. Looking forward to relocating.

Hey everyone
My name is imane I'm 31 just got a divorce and moved to antwerp i would like to meet new nice people to share some fun with.

Sam, from UK, been in Brussels for 15 years (late arrival here!).

Google Vintage Air Rally for more info...

hey ... I get many good feedback from people in singapore -where I want to move! good to have local ... so i'm here to help if needed :) just forgive me if I don't reply quickly :/

Hi, I'm Alicia. I just moved here from Massachusetts, USA. I'm here until the end of July for an internship. Would love to make some new friends while over here.

Hi Alicia ... welcome to Belgium ! Hope you'll find friendship here. I'm happy to help you but i'm not the most aware of local habits in brussels as i am from the south, but drop me some lines and I'll try to answer you
all the best
ollie

Hi all, I'm Nena and I recently stumbled across expat.com. I've been living in Belgium for almost a year now. I'm originally from New York, but lived in California and the Netherlands between then and now. I work as a coastal engineer and like to spend my free time doing watery sports (kayaking, sailing, hiking along lakes and rivers). I'm always looking for new outdoorsy friends (people in Belgium can be hard to get outside unless it's super warm and sunny)!

Hi! I am Max. Russian of Italian-German origin )) Born in Moscow, spent 13 years in India. Last 18 months living in Antwerpen. Really need to meet people and make new friends. I found it much more difficult here than in previous countries.

hello Andrea, welcome to the cool country. Well actually, I don't think you need English in to live in Belgium. I speak English and I find it's not useful, I'm trying to learn new language. By the way, I'd like to have friends too.

Hellooo Andrea, we can be friends and if you are interested I can help to improve your English  :)

Hello all,
I'm actually from Belgium myself, trying to get in touch with nice people who can understand my interests about Asia. I worked in Asia as an expat for few years (long time ago), but I have always feelt connected with it. I speak five languages, and now I work at Brussels airport, but living in Gent.
Anyone who wants to get in touch: feel free to write me :)

I spent 13 years in India and now living in Antwerpen.

Hello everyone!

My name is Christina, i am 31 and me, my hubby, my dog and my cat, are considering to move to Brugge Area after a job offer i had. Hopefully next month will be already in Belgium, looking forward to know you better guys!

Christina

Welcome to the land of chocolates and fries  ;) let's keep in touch till you come

Hi there naked kayaker :)
I love kayaking :) Having a 2-place myself, and using it regularly :)
So, if u wanna go for a kayak trip, just let me know :)
Grts...

Hi everyone,

My name is Rajni Sharma. I have recently moved from India to Belgium (Liege). I am working at the university of Liege as a postdoctoral researcher. I would love to catch up with you all. If you travel to liege some time then do ping me.

Cheers,
Rajni

Helloooo Sharma.... Welcome to Belgium....  :)

Hi,

I moved to Liege Yesterday, I speak almost no French, as I only found out about the job 6 weeks ago, I've started to learn and would love to know more and to meet people that can show me around or teach me some of the lingo. Feel free to drop me a message.

El

Hi Guys n Girls,

I'm from the UK. I recently I had an offer to work full time in Belgium (Close to Brussels). Seemed a crazy idea at first but after weighing up the pros and cons it turns out that this could be a great opportunity so im going for it!   :o

My top two priorities are finding the right area to live and developing a network of friends who in a similar kind of boat.

Its all happening very quickly and i have a lot of planning & research to do. It looks like this place is full of gems so i look forward to interacting with you all here. 

:cheers:

Willow

Thanks for the welcome. I am coming to Belgium next september 25. I am visiting my child girl. My name is Carlos and am from Argentina. This is the first time I travel really abroad...
I would like to know if somebody knows a cheap place where to stay . I can spend  450 euros per month... I also am looking for a temporary job, anything. My child does live in Etteerbeek Commune. I just speak english as a differente language from my own, I do speak spanish.
Any suggestion is welcomed

Hey guys, My woeser form India.  But I'm Tibetan.I'm 19 years. I do live in india for 17 years n now I live in Antwerp for 2 years. It's been very nice n wonderful place. I'm a student number studying in 5 Verzorging. Even I like to meet new people around me. Thanks for reading this page.

My name is Joel Savage, a Belgian journalist, writer, and author residing in Antwerp. I love to write, especially on social problems such as teenage pregnancy, drug abuse, child trafficking and crime. I joined this social platform to make friends and to benefit from sharing ideas of the diversity of culture.

I run three blogs, but my favorite among them is 'Secrets Of Aids And Ebola.' On this website or blog, you'll get the right information of every hidden fact about Aids, Ebola, Lassa Fever, Zika and other deadly diseases which politicians and the mainstream media have hidden from the common man on the street.

secretsofaidsandebola.blogspot.be

Wow that's a great job

Dear all
My name is Ana and I am a 22 years old portuguese. I am part of a NGO that has its offices in Belgium, Brussels but I need to support my living costs. Any of you know a fuding programme in Belgium or even a place to look for part time? I aim to move in November!
Hugs,
Ana

Hi everyone,

My name is Joaquim, I am a Portuguese pharmacist and just arrived in Brussels to work in UCB's Headquarters. UCB is a Belgium Pharma company.

I live at the moment in the centre, but I am in the process of knowing the city and to choose where I want to live permanently. My priorities are a neighbourhood family friendly, near international schools (English or bilingual), easy access to public transports and affordable rents. The commuting time to Anderlecht should be less than 1h by public transports. Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Meanwhile I would like to have some practical tips on everyday life like where to go shopping (groceries, soda, cleaning products, etc), big shopping malls (cinema, eating, clothes, sports materials,  etc), where to hang out in the free time, etc.

Cheers,
Joaquim

Hello JFonseca
Just google those names on google.be to see their locations in Brussels

Grocery stores : Colruyt, Aldi, Lidl, Delhaize, Carrefour, etc
Cinemas : UGC in the city centre
Shopping : City 2 downtown, Inno, etc
Rents : not sure...

Closed