Greetings from Mechelen (Antwerp)

Hi there, we're Chris & Chris, I'm a Brit and the wife's a Belgian. We're looking to expand our social life/contact, visit our webpage and/or drop us a line :

all4webs.com/p/n/soulcharger/home.htm?32660=54988

thanks

Chris & Chris

Hi Chris & Chris,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Could give us an introduction of yourself on the forum?

Thank you.

Hi there, well I'm Chris, a Brit who lives in Mechelen together with my wife Christiane, she's Belgian. I'm a Logistics Manager with a company making gearboxes for the wind turbine industry. Christiane works for the Belgian military. We're in our mid-late fifties. I've been working for international companies and have been travelling most of the time, so we're looking to make some new friends. We like eating (we're very good at that) I do some fitness, cycling, we both like music, movies and travel. I speak fluent Dutch, pretty good French & German as does Christiane. I organise some fun cycling events 6 - 7 times a year around the Mechelen, Antwerp, Schelde areas, nothing too strenuous 25 - 30 kms. That's about it I guess, if I can help anyone who may need some info on how things work here let me know, I may not have all the answers but probably know someone who does.
Chris & Chris

Welcome on board Chris'n'Chris :)

Well I know were I am they are Sunday cycleing meet ups maybe you could keep an eye out for them in your area. The combine the cycleing with meeting people.

"Well I know were I am they are Sunday cycleing meet ups maybe you could keep an eye out for them in your area. The combine the cycleing with meeting people."

I think I know what you mean, I think so ! Yes there are cycle things in and around the Mechelen/Antwerp area.

Question : I see that the 3 replies to my intro all show avatars with pics of the people who sent them, whilst I have photos of 2 Indian Navy frigates :-)) am I allowed to have my mugshot as an avatar ?

Chris

Of course, you can use whatever you like. It simply depends on personal preference. Lots of people like to use a photo [of themselves] on social-type sites, especially ones of this nature where people even meet up for real, as it lets others get a more full idea of who they're taking to. But plenty of people are not comfortable putting photos online (on many sites I use images instead, and when I do use a photo, it's heavily edited, as you can see here). There's no requirements here. (=

Yeah i dont see a problem with whatever u use as a avator I have never found any rules about it