Attention: All Engineers (Mohandes) in KSA

hmmm, possibly a healthcare engineer?

Dears,

I joined this forum when I saw this topic. I can see that a lot of people have confusions and wanted to share my experience with others.

First of all, Even though this Engineering registration thing is a lot of frustration, I can clearly see some benefits. First, only Engineers are allowed to be engineers and not any person would claim this title from now on. The companies winning contracts on false claims of having engineers will not be able to do so. The engineers will have a better demand and hence better salaries.

Now for the procedure. I submitted the application on the same day they moved to their new location in Riyadh (The North Ring Highway). They had a really messed up setup with no organization at all. I completed an online form, filled in an application form, had my degree with me (not attested as I had it from KSA university) with a couple of personal photos.

For those people who are not clear if they qualify or not, If your degree says an Engineer, you are eligible. Otherwise, good luck changing the profession on your Iqama. The guy evauating my file had a glance at my degree and approved. I waited in line for 2 hours to be able to pay the fee. after that, they told me to come back after one week to get a paper saying that I am registered with them so I can renew my Iqama. I had to make a request to get the paper next day because my I qama was expiring in a couple days. Please dont put your self in that position as people working there will not listen or try to understan you. Please save your dignity as the treatment you will get from some people is inhumane. I am talking about a fat midget who is working there (I dont feel sorry for saying this).

If anyone has any particular question, please let me know and I will try to help. I have been living in KSA for 30 Years (I am 30 years old ;))

welcome to the working world in ksa

LegallyOK wrote:

Dears,

I joined this forum when I saw this topic. I can see that a lot of people have confusions and wanted to share my experience with others.

First of all, Even though this Engineering registration thing is a lot of frustration, I can clearly see some benefits. First, only Engineers are allowed to be engineers and not any person would claim this title from now on. The companies winning contracts on false claims of having engineers will not be able to do so. The engineers will have a better demand and hence better salaries.

Now for the procedure. I submitted the application on the same day they moved to their new location in Riyadh (The North Ring Highway). They had a really messed up setup with no organization at all. I completed an online form, filled in an application form, had my degree with me (not attested as I had it from KSA university) with a couple of personal photos.

For those people who are not clear if they qualify or not, If your degree says an Engineer, you are eligible. Otherwise, good luck changing the profession on your Iqama. The guy evauating my file had a glance at my degree and approved. I waited in line for 2 hours to be able to pay the fee. after that, they told me to come back after one week to get a paper saying that I am registered with them so I can renew my Iqama. I had to make a request to get the paper next day because my I qama was expiring in a couple days. Please dont put your self in that position as people working there will not listen or try to understan you. Please save your dignity as the treatment you will get from some people is inhumane. I am talking about a fat midget who is working there (I dont feel sorry for saying this).

If anyone has any particular question, please let me know and I will try to help. I have been living in KSA for 30 Years (I am 30 years old ;))

Hi dear,

Can you guide me where their office is in Riyadh, i wasted my 3 hours today searching for it but was not able to find. They never pick up the phone.

Please if you can reply soon i would appreciate.

colonel wrote:

Hi dear,

Can you guide me where their office is in Riyadh, i wasted my 3 hours today searching for it but was not able to find. They never pick up the phone.

Their new office is at Exit 8, crossing Khaled bin waleed (ankas) road, near NCB, Riyadh.

akr wrote:

Their new office is at Exit 8, crossing Khaled bin waleed (ankas) road, near NCB, Riyadh.

Thanks akr,
Found them there.

Dear All,

I am ITI Holder in electronics(2 years Technical education) profession in my Iqama is Electronics Engineer . what is the procedure to change my profession in my Iqama , Can i upload my certificates to SCE to get a profession change letter to passport office . any one have the similar experience or information please reply

SECT wrote:

Dear All,

I am ITI Holder in electronics(2 years Technical education) profession in my Iqama is Electronics Engineer . what is the procedure to change my profession in my Iqama , Can i upload my certificates to SCE to get a profession change letter to passport office . any one have the similar experience or information please reply

To get a letter from SCE you have to upload your documents to their site. They will issue a letter to your company asking to change your profession.

Dear Friends,
My name is madhu.My profession was in Iqama.

"Quality Engineering Inspector" It will expire on April22nd 2011.
I need to register in saudi council of engineering or not.
Reply me ASAP.
Regards,
Madhu Yerra

colonel wrote:
LegallyOK wrote:

Dears,

Hi dear,

hey just checking...lol..
if u still didnt find it.. try searching in exit 8. it is near the place where the cars under gone MVPI..if im not mistaken, their office is in the same building...

I have applied online and remitted the fee as per the Text message instruction, I have been waiting for more than one week,how long shall it take for the next instruction? how many steps till I get the letter from them?  Thanks......

Just wait for their message just like when you receive the message informing that you have to pay a certain amount. It maybe be arabic so once you received a message certainly that's the message you are waiting for... Otherwise just let your HR Department to follow up your application. You have to give them your application number which you received right after you submitted your application online so they'll be able to follow up your documents.

Good LUCK!!!

Thank for your kindness hope that day coming soon...........

I am civil engineer but my iqama is of civil technician. My company is agreed to change my profession and for that I must be registered with Saudi Engineering Council. When I started online registration, I came to know that the letter needed had no option for changing profession to select. The only options available are " Iqama Issuance", "Iqama Renewal" and "Iqama Transfer". Can someone please guide me what should I select for "Profession Change"? Or there is some other way to proceed further?

Waiting or your response.

It would be better if you inquire these issue directly to SCE. try to visit their office..

Hello Friends,

Is office working on Thursday also. What about the office timings.
Please let me know.

Reji.

and what abt the fee? is it for 3-years valid?

@rr_vjd: No idea.Just better to check them out..or Check their website. But for sure they are open during weekdays. :)

@mohd_gn143: just check the earlier post. it is mentioned how much the fee is depending on what position you are applying for.

i am an electronics engineer from india.I came saudi on february,my visa period is 90 days .After 80 days i happed to know about the sce registration.I didn't get Iquma till now.I got the information that the Iquma will issue after registration ...is it true???.I am trying to fill online form but the form have a Iquma number option...i am totaly confused..plz give me a repaly as soon as possible.

Salam,
The whole process seems to be aimed at rooting out people that are working as engineers, but dont have valid engineering degrees.

I am an electrical engineer with a masters degree in electrical engineering from KFUPM, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. Can I register with SCE based solely on my masters degree?

I believe it is a great step to organize the Engineering Sector. We've seen many who're not engineer entering the field with zero qualification. We know the consequences that will happen if we let them continue like that. All real engineers who're confident about themselves should praise this step and support it because they are the first ones who'll have the benefit and they'll have their real value.

By the way, most of the developed countries have such system.

Good luck all,

Hello,

Can anybody tell me what is the meaning of CAV. One of the requirements was a CAV certificate for Philippine Universities. I'm Filipino but I dont understand what this is. Can anybody explain further???

Thanks in advance.

I think its the 2nd page on your red ribbon

I submitted my SCE application two weeks ago. Till date I haven't received any sms. I went to their office in Dammam and they asked me to wait 1 month to know whether my application has been accepted or denied. 1 month!! This is absolute *******. If my application is wrong, God forbid, then I have to re-submit again and wait for 1 month. Preposterous!

CAV     is the certification from your registrar that you are a graduates of the specified college. For state universities, the registrar itself is using it but for private universities, the certification will bee coming from CHED.

@Cybersiju: have patience dude.a long as you submitted the required documents, there's nothing to be afraid of. I guess that there will not be so much problem about your documents if you followed what they require unless that the documents are not authentic. So chill out. you'll receive the confirmation soon. :)

@Saleh2020: I absolutely agree with you. but don't you think the membership fee is a bit expensive.lol :)

Guys, Your company is supposed to reimburse you for the registration fees. Its their responsibility!

For us, they didn't because the membership will be solely yours alone. I guess if you applied for another job to another company you can use the same membership in Saudi council of engineers.you don't need to  reapply for membership if you change your company or job.
Basically, in an organization once a person became a member,he will be a member of that group unless otherwise he himself did a thing that violates the law of the organization that makes him expel from the group.
So, those certificate that we received from Saudi council of engineers shall be kept and taken care of for future use or reference.

i already registered in saudi engineering council. but still i  not get any conformation message from from saudi engineering council. what can i do ?

Just be patient and wait! :)
That's only you can do! :)
They will send you if the confirmation if your documents are complete or not.

Good luck!!! :)

I Just want to inform everyone here that I already collected my Membership Card and Certificate of Registration at Saudi Council of Engineers....:cool:

Congratulations! How long did it take before SCE informed you about the membership card and certificate of registration? I just got registered to SCE last March 2012. Do I need to continue waiting or do some follow-ups to get mine?

Hi!

What will happen to those who works as an engineer or architect if the profession in their Iqamas is "labor"?

Is it advisable or necessary for them to register with SCE and be able to change their profession in their Iqama?

Hi

I have query about the Online Registration Form on SEC . I made some mistakes while filling this form , Now i want to correct my information to send SEC but didn't see any option to edit this form , please help me how to do it.

Thanks

Thumbs up, should have done a long time ago.

i am bewildered to know that Information Technology is not recognized as an engineer for registration in SCE and that i would need to change my iqama other than muhandis(engineer).
I am a Btech in IT from india.

any suggestions, for i am shocked. :(

Hi

I have a query on the documents to be summited to SEC. I have my document with Red Ribbon but not attested(PRC and Transcript of records). Do I have to make the document attested by KSA embassy in Manila? Can I submitt my document without attestation.

Thanks

I want to register in this council i want to know how to start and to process this matter...

@larry    you do have red ribbon it means that your documents are authenticated. usually you won't be able to process your visa of your documents are not authenticated.  the red ribbon certifies that all your documents attached with it are authenticated.

shoevert  please check the beginning of the forum all the steps are mentioned above.

I had all my documents uploaded 15 days ago but made some mistakes on the process. So they asked me to upload some of them again but untill now I have not received anything from them for a week.I do not want to receive another rejection notice again. When I call their call center agents, they just keep saying wait..wait..wait..grr...

unfortunately,  all we can do is wait  and just be patient.

good luck!

remember,  patience is a virtue! :)