Moving to Glasgow

What should international students moving to Glasgow for the first time bring with them on their journey?

What are some important tips to remember?

Thier sense of humour

I arrived in the UK as an international student, too, although I went to England. I guess it depends on how long you're going to stay, i.e. if you only stay for your studies or might like to stay on after that to live here.

What I did was discovering my new hometown in many ways. At first, I did not dare to walk around alone. I just wasn't sure how safe it was. With time you gain confidence and you'll also know what you can and can't do. I always made sure I'm not out alone after dark. So, I guess, at first, it might be those things you might want to figure out.

As for things you should bring, that is entirely up to you. You probably won't need to bring pots and pans and things like that. If you're flying, - which I assume you are - you are restricted anyway. I brought the obvious stuff such as clothes and (maybe less obvious) bedding. Of course, you can buy it here in the UK, too. But my situation was different. I knew before I even got here that I wanted to stay.

If you know you might be homesick at some point, I would advise you to bring some photos of home or things that remind you of your friends and family. I've never been homesick. So all I can do is make assumptions. My own experience with homesickness was actually over Christmas when I was visiting my parents back "home". I really missed England the minute I got on the plane.