Looking to meet South Africans in Germany Frankfurt

Hello All,

Been in Germany for 4mths now, Frankfurt Hessen. Loving Germany but I think culture shock Is beginning to get the better of me.

Need to laugh a bit and not be excluded from the German humour  :)

Hang in there Sandy- it's the start of the notorius 7 months blues...

Thank-you Johannes, I met some ppl who were overly friendly and concerned that I'm a single mom in Germany who, took the risk to uproot with my child for the love of a career.

here's where it gets creepy.... (which by all means doesn't change the way I see Germans or Germany, I actually love it here as mentioned and won't allow a few bad experiences get to me).

one German girl I met on the bus spoke English,  her and I hit it off she was my new concerned friend....which was unusual because I had heard how reserved the Germans were. She looked like a nerd. I began opening up to her as I was feeling somewhat lonely and she gave great advice. She even works in the same industry and gave me her 2nd hand furniture at a dam good price. She added me on LinkedIn, Facebook and tried to add me on every official site
I met her husband and he seemed nice too.

.she kept inviting me over to her place for a braai but there was something about this girl I couldn't put my finger on it....she also became scarily possessive and kept telling me the way I should be bringing my daughter up. Long story short I eventually caved in and went to her house for a braai. That's when things got weird! Her husband was making dirty remarks and they kept insisting I go upstairs for my "surprise"....that's when I went into shock these ppl were into sadist massichists!! Sick and twisted and they had all types of wierd stuff like whips chains you name it. I ran out of there screaming. That's just wrong on every level for me!!! Not sure if I should report them to the police bu

But technically they did nothing to me, or didn't have the chance too let me put it that way. And now its awkward as she catches the bus and I don't talk to her eeeeeek!

another incident I had some Moroccan guy kept trying to talk to me and asked me out for coffee, I politely told him no thank you....and now its as if he follows me everywhere and waits for me at the bus. I told him to leave me alone!. Its as f ppl can spot a women who is alone from a mile.....

now I decided to stick to myself, the German girls at my work dint like me much either.....im excluded from the group. But I jeep reminding myself im there to work and excel, not make friends...

I tried to suggest and idea to make the work better....that was a bad move. They shot it down and since then things have gone downhill.

but I love the life here and have a good positive attitude. I will never go back home. I guess its just tough after a while buy perseverance is key

Hi Sandy, yep that's all the flavours that comes with living in a big city. Nothing to report with consenting adults.   This forum / and posting is read by a wide variety of people, globally, so, to avoid unintentional affront, the specifics are being better kept in a closed circle. Else we are happy to hear that u r settling in- and also about the  support u got -> it is very heartening- to hear that there are still  a lot of good in people - independent of their tastes and habits. Will u be watching the worldcup rugby?

Hi Johannes,

good point,  I guess writing about it helped a bit.. But again I love Germany and the ppl here are all very courteous.  I came here to learn from the best and my colleagues haven't disappointed. They have exceeded my expectations.
Yes for sure I will watch the rugby