Tourist Visa Requirement for Freelancer

Following list are for the requirements to apply for Malaysian Tourist Visa:

1. duly completed Original Visa Application Form (IM.47- Pin. 1/97), Visa Application form can be downloaded from the following website:- www.imi.gov.my
2. recent coloured passport-size photos with white background (studio version);
3. Passport validity not less than 6 months from travel date and must contain at least 3 continuous empty pages;
4. Photocopy of  Passport, previous Malaysian visa (if any);
5. Photocopy of Return Air ticket;
6. Financial proof i.e personal Bank Statement for the last 3 months accompanied by Bank Solvency Letter/Certificate or International credit card for those living outside of Bangladesh;
7. Application Letter from the applicant stating the purpose of visit;
8. Invitation/Reference letter from sponsor or counterpart in Malaysia, if relevant;
9. Other supporting documents :
    1. Trade license/visiting card/ID card (photocopy),
    2. Marriage certificate (for first time applicant);

***Note: 

Individual submission is not permissible. All visa applications have to be submitted through any of the 24 Authorized Visa Submitting Agencies listed with the High Commission of Malaysia in Dhaka, Bangladesh.

I'm a freelancer Software Engineer. When I talked to those agencies mentioned by the Embassy, they said I'll have to submit my company letterhead, trade license and visiting card, otherwise I won't get the visa. But as a freelancer I don't have those except my personal visiting card. By the way, I'm gonna get an invitation from the sponsor company.

I want your suggestion on this matter. What should I do in this situation?

It does not say anywhere you have to produce documents from an employer. Just apply as an individual using ID card (photocopy). If you can deal direct with the Malaysian High Commission it will probably be best.

If you are looking for work don't waste time and money on a tourist visa and a visit. Apply for some jobs at Emerio

http://job-search.jobstreet.com.my/mala … -bhd-jobs/

Hello Gravitas,

Yes, you're right about the documents. But authorized agencies asked for those papers from me. And in the embassy website, it's written that: "Individual submission is not permissible. All visa applications have to be submitted through any of the 24 Authorized Visa Submitting Agencies listed with the High Commission of Malaysia in Dhaka, Bangladesh."

Do you think, I should write an email to the embassy regarding this?

One of the options was an ID card - what is meant by that?

I think, it's the National ID Card.