VISA processing time - under the new system enforced from March 2015

Hello All.

Can anyone share their experience if they have made a Belgium family reunification visa application with the extra processing fees involved

Couple of questions

1, How to show proof of payment that needs to be remitted here in Belgium Account ? Statement, Screenshot etc ??
2, Is the VISA application process any faster ?

Any other additional information at this point would also be highly helpful  :top:

Hello,

You can either show the Bank statement and highlight the line where the transaction was made.
Or if you pay directly in the Bank , then they will ask for the Original Bank receipt.

The important thing is to specify the correct COMMUNICATION while making the transaction. -eg-

::Structure of the reference::
Name_Given name_Nationality_DD_MM_YYYY_Article(mention the no)Law15.12.1980
---------------------------------------
Reference of the payment
- name and first name of the applicant, (as mentioned in the passport)
- nationality,
- date of birth; day (DD), month (MM), year (JJJJ)
- purpose (article of the law of 15.12.1980)
---------------------------------------------------------

You find the details at the following link.
dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/news/Pages/Contributioncoveringadministrativecostsofanapplication.aspx

Thanks for the response

I have a work permit and have been in Belgium for 3 years now. Could you please help guide as to which Article number should I make the payment ?

We would plan to make the application at VFS in Chennai ? I am thinking to make payment for Article 9 - is it correct ?

Who pays a contribution of € 215?
(a) The foreign national who applies for an authorisation for a stay of more than three months at the Belgian diplomatic or consular post (visa D – article 9 of the law of 15.12.1980) or at the municipality (article 9 of the law of 15.12.1980 and article 25/2 of the royal decree of 8.10.1980), except:
• if the applicant is a beneficiary of the Agreement establishing an association between the European Economic Community and Turkey, signed 12.09.1963 (no contribution)
(b) The foreign national who applies for an authorisation for a stay in Belgium for humanitarian reasons (article 9bis of the law of 15.12.1980)
(c) The student who is enrolled in a private educational establishment (article 9 of the law of 15.12.1980)
(d) The researcher with a hosting agreement (article 61/11 of the law of 15.12.1980)
(e) The highly skilled worker – European Blue Card (article 61/27 of the law of 15.12.1980)
(f) The foreign national who applies for a change of status when this new status is liable to a contribution of €215 (for example: the authorised student who wants to prolong his stay for professional reasons)
(g) The foreign national who applies for an authorisation to return to Belgium after more than 1 year absence (article 19§2 of the law of 15.12.1980 and royal decree of 07.08.1995)
(h) The foreign national who applies for re-acquisition of the status of long-term resident  after long absence (article 19,§2 of the law of 15.12.1980)
(i) In some cases the foreign national who applies for a return visa

Are you applying for your own visa or for your spouse (family re-unification) ?

for family re-unification, I believe it is like below:

Who is required to pay a contribution of € 160?

(a) The foreign national (EU or non-EU) who applies for family reunification with a non-EU national who is authorised for an unlimited stay in Belgium (article 10 of the law of 15.12.1980), except :

• if the applicant is a beneficiary of the Agreement establishing an association between the European Economic Community and Turkey, signed 12.09.1963 (no contribution)
• if the sponsor is a recognised refugee (no contribution)
• if the sponsor was granted subsidiary protection (no contribution)
• if the applicant is a single, disabled child older than 18 years , who presents a certificate of a doctor- officially recognised by the diplomatic or consular post -  that states that he is not financially independent as a result of his/her disability (no contribution)
• if the applicant is a family member of the foreign national who was granted the status of long-term resident in another EU Member State and if he was living in the household of the long-term resident in the other Member State (60€)

(b) The foreign national (EU or non-EU) who applies for family reunification with a non-EU national who is authorised for a limited stay in Belgium (article 10bis of the law of 15.12.1980), except :

I am applying for my spouse.
So article 10bis it is ?

Hi Aneesh,

I just got my work permit approved and I will be applying for my D Visa (Long stay) for Belgium shortly once I receive the original from my employers. I have a quick question w.r.t to the payment format to be used as per the new system (effective March 2015).

The transfer must strictly fit the following layout:
Surname_First name_Nationality_DD.MM.YYYY_Article…Loi 15.12.1980.

I have very limited information available here at the website of Consulate of Belgium in Montreal, do you know which article will apply for work permit candidates?

Thanks
Vivek

DOFI (Foreign affairs ministry website has the format of payment reference and example): https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/Appl … 20fee.aspx

It does not mention the article as part of it. You may check the website.

Thanks Aneesh!

Hi

I need help in understanding visa processing time. 

I submitted my visa application form in Bangalore VFS centre with work authorisation & single permit documents on 5th of oct 2020. 

When I track the application the status is " visa is processing with Belgium consulate.

I am not sure if there is any hold from Mumbai consulate.
Thanks in advance

Regards,
Anita