Customs advice

howdy all!
i'll be arriving in riyadh in december! ...finally :D

i want to bring in my dvd collection and i've heard that customs screen all media brought in pretty carefully. i dont think that any of my dvd's are "anti-islamic" but maybe they might take offence at some of the pictures on the disks.
should i bother bringing my dvd's or will i loose them once i get off the plane??

thanks for your advice

:)

How can you desert your country when they having the world cup rugby 2011.

Hi, we've written extensively on this topic in the last 4 or 5 weeks.  Please do your homework and read back through the blog.

Thanks! :)

lol! I don't know what to say, just be careful, and welcome to the Kingdom.

Ramon,

Sparrow wrote:

How can you desert your country when they having the world cup rugby 2011.

I work in health care and we're already streched to the limit! -i'ld rather watch it on telly than be dealing with all the drunken rugby fans!!!

Cheers :)

I also wanted to bring my collection of DVDs, and finally decided not to do it...that way. Chances are your luggage may be checked. Some say you are better off arriving late at night, like after 9-10 PM, when the workers are quite tired of the long working day at the airport, and they may just hush you away. I brought my movies in a hard disk. They didn't check my hard disk, because I had no computer with me (they asked me if I had a laptop, which of course, nope). Other than that, it seems common to bring a few dvds with them without issues. Just don't bring a ton of them. Definitely avoid those 'politically' (or should I say, religious, he he) incorrect movies.

I brought tons of them--about 150. 

Went through the ex-ray machine in my luggage.  Guy never lifted an eyebrow.

Alliecat wrote:

I brought tons of them--about 150. 

Went through the ex-ray machine in my luggage.  Guy never lifted an eyebrow.

Although I would be the last one to suggest that you are exaggerating, but 150 DVDs will not weigh one ton let alone 'tons'.
Unless that is an American ton then it's bound to be heavier. :lol::lol::lol::lol: