Any expat in Treviso?

Hi, we moved to Treviso last year from Washington DC with our two boys. Previously we were living in London, Treviso is definitely a small city by most standards, yet it has most things you need and its strategic position is great, close to the beach, close to the mountains, it has two airports and is on the autostrada network to drive where you need to, its also in the economic heart of The Veneto so its industrious and rich. Its a great area for culture and for kids to be. It can feel a little small at times, especially when compared to London, yet what you lose from not being in a mass metropolis you gain from not being in a mass metropolis!

We moved here for the experience and to develop business, the Covid 19 lockdown has slowed that down somewhat, but I can think of worse places to be locked down in.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Keith.

Hi Michael,
Just saw this and have no sense as to when this was posted, so forgive me if it's years out of date.
Notwithstanding the current situation, simply wanted to know if you're still around Treviso and have managed to locate any other English speakingexpats. I'm an expat, living near Treviso and am keen to widen my network albeit virtually at the moment.
Auguri,
Denise

Hello Keith,
Are you and family still there? Did you manage to find any English speaking expats/groups? Ordinarily I live near Treviso and am keen to widen my network albeit virtually at the moment.
Would be good to hear from you.
Denise

Hi Denise,

Yes, we are in Treviso, I haven't found any expat groups as yet, I had a quick look but got no response. There may well be some out there yet to be found. You say ordinarily you are in Treviso, I guess that with the lockdown you are out of town?

Happy to connect, ***

hope all is well.

Keith.

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : please share your personal details in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Arrived in Treviso 3 moths ago Are there still any expats here??

Hi - have been in Treviso for 2 months and looking for a pint with some expats. Let me know if anyone up for it.
Cheers,
Michael (British guy, grew up in Singapore, been in Dubai for 8 years, married to an Italian)

Hello everyone!

I currently live in Rome with my dog and I am considering moving to Treviso late this year or early next year. I just wanted to know what living there is like? Are there expats in the area? Also what is the best website to look for apartments? I don't drive in Italy at the moment, so would definitely need something well connected. Also is Treviso dog friendly like Rome?

Would love to hear what you guys have to say!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Merryl,
I'm living in Treviso and I don't have car either. The area of the train station is very well connected. We found an appartement along the river Sile, just between the city center and the train station and we are very happy with this location. We don't even need to bike.
We found our appartement on the website www.immobiliare.it . Back in May, when we was searching for one, there were a lot of appartement available in the city center so you may found something that suits you.
The city center is very beautiful. On my opinion, it's a very nice place to live.

I don't have dog so I'm not qualified to help you. All I know is that people in my residence aren't allowed to have pets. But I see a lot of people with dogs in the city center, even in restaurants.

We are a retired couple who love the outdoors, walking, skiing, cycling, etc and have been living in central Italy for some years. Could anyone please advise on walking or cycling clubs or similar such social activities. Language is not an issue, we know the area as we visit the Dolomites every year and have spent the odd day or two in Treviso. Just looking for a change of scenery and culture while still young enough to make the most of what Veneto has to offer.

Hello.

I'm an Australian living in Treviso. Are there any other Aussies or Kiwis here?  Love to catch up.

@Audreyi thanksz Very helpful. Treviso looks lovely!

@Audreyi can you walk to city center from your location?