Family reunion - Dependent Visa for spouse

Hi aneesh

My husband is working in Brussels on work permit  and I willbe applying for a long stay visa (dependent spouse) for belgium could you please suggest me on what to fill in main purpose of journey family reunion art.10 or family reunion spouse worker art. 10 bis 2 initially I filled the form with art. 10 bis 2 but the  vfs delhi staff is asking me to fill family reunion art 10.

I referred the threads on expat but what I found that mostly while the spouse is applying through India for dependents to go along with them on the basis of his work permit then they fill family reunion spouse worker art 10 bis 2 . Could you please suggest me if possible what should be filled

Thanks
Paridhi

family reunion spouse worker art 10 bis 2 is the one most of the people used. You can double check with VFS and follow their advice.

Same topic... I've already answer that question:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =4#4615482

Hello everyone, My wife has applied for a dependent visa under article 10(as I have a type B resident card). We applied in Jan 2019 but its still pending. All my friends who have applied along has received a status.
I have no clue what is causing the delay, any info is appreciated.
NOTE: If anyone waiting for the dependent visa from Jan/Feb please message me directly).
Thanks.

there's no delay... they can take up to 9 months without further investigation.
In case your file is complex, they can take up to 15 months...

Alex, thanks for the response.
Regarding delay, I meant more than the average approval time provided by other applicants around(4 to 5 months).

Each file is unique :)

Hello All,

can you please let me know what is process of getting long stay visa for my family (wife and one child 3yrs old)?

Once I get the single permit, can I  apply for visa at VFS office along with me? or once I get the single permit, I have to travel first to Belgium and I have get the residency card after that i can apply for long term visa for my family.

Do I have to take any document from employer? Or Employer has to apply for family visa as well?

What all documents are required? please let me know

Regards
RinkuS

rsreeu_eers wrote:

Hello All,

can you please let me know what is process of getting long stay visa for my family (wife and one child 3yrs old)?

Regards
RinkuS

Hello,

Question already answered dozens of times. Please read the articles already published and the guide published by the site. https://www.expat.com/en/search/europe/belgium/

And do not forget that you always have to go to embassies / consulates if you want to have official information.

phipiemar wrote:
rsreeu_eers wrote:

Hello All,

Regards
RinkuS

Hello,

Question already answered dozens of times. Please read the articles already published and the guide published by the site. https://www.expat.com/en/search/europe/belgium/

And do not forget that you always have to go to embassies / consulates if you want to have official information.

Thank you for the response.

Yes Gone thu , most of the comments but I did net find all my answers.

My Question is:
along with my single permit, can I able to apply visa for family?

or Do i have to go to belgium first to get the residency card after that only I can apply visa for family?

As process got change after single permit that's why i am asking, Also I am very new to these all process. So I am little confused.

Appreciate for all help.

You can.

Hello All,

I have applied for family reunion dependent visa and waiting for the approval since January. As it is being delayed, I am thinking to apply for tourist visa. Is it advisable to apply for tourist visa now?

Thanks in advance

It is not advisable.

Hi Aneesh,

Thanks for your response. Can you detail why? Will this impact my current visa?

Thanks.

First of all, I dont think the consulate will consider another type of visa application while one visa application is already in process. Second: They may see it as a shortcut and deny.

Do we have to apply  PCC thru passport office? I applied from "karnataka.one" and I got the pcc from "superintendent of police bangalore". Is it ok or not?

My daughter is 3yrs old . Do i have to apply for PCC for her long term visa?

Consulate normally needs PCC from passport office. That is the format they are used to. I am not sure if this one is ok. You may check with VFS.

For minors, PCC is not required.

Hi Aneesh ,

On 21 August I got a decision on my application as grant of visa on production of additional documents
The info section mentioned - the consultate will communicate what all additional documents are to be produced.

I contacted vfs center through which I have applied but they say they havent got any update on my application till yet from the embassy and said may be embassy can contact you directly.
Can the embassy contact me directly or vfs will contact
In how many days can the embassy revert with the information it requires?

Please suggest
Thanks

Normally a week. Do check if your husband got some email or so. Sometimes they send it to the partner. Also, I hope you provided correct email ID when you applied for the visa. If you dont hear them till one week, do contact the consulate directly.

Hi Aneesh
Thanks for your previous responses.

The delhi embassy called me for the document and they asked me to mail them and said visa will be approved once you submit the documents
I had sent a mail to them since friday but I have not received any response from them till now

Thanks

Patience  :)

Hi Pari,
May I know which missing documents that DOFI has asked you to submit?

Many thanks!!!

Hi

They asked for the registered rental contract from belgium

Thanks

Hello all... My company's agency advised me that for my wife's dependent visa a recent marriage certificate (less than 6 months) will be required... In Mumbai they refused to give copy of marriage certificate saying its not possible.... Has anyone else faced this issue... What is the way out

AmitS01 wrote:

Hello all... My company's agency advised me that for my wife's dependent visa a recent marriage certificate (less than 6 months) will be required... In Mumbai they refused to give copy of marriage certificate saying its not possible.... Has anyone else faced this issue... What is the way out

Read: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … =2#4673095

sbm_mec wrote:

Dear Aneesh,
I have submitted my dependent visa in Jun 1st and I got my wife visa stamped by Jul 20th without any major delay. In terms of house rental contract, I have submitted the contract on my name along my friend name (as we share the accommodation). Luckily it has been processed without any problem.

Thank you for all your support.

hey, how long you have been living in Belgium before applying spouse visa? i heard that if you apply dependent visa in six months after coming to Belgium it will be processed faster but after six months it can take around six months.

I was told same by the company's HR agency... And told to apply along with my visa once annex 46 is in hand.... @aneesh can you please guide if this is true...

YEs, you can all apply at the same time.

I recently got my permit and planning to apply My visa along with my wife . But she will travel  after 6 months. Is there any problem if my wife travel to Brussels after 6 months.??

She can get in, anytime during the validity of her visa.

Hello All,

I got my SP. Planning to apply for dependent visa for my wife and child. I was going thru the check list: Visa D – FAMILY REUNION with NON-EU SPOUSE (art. 10&10bis)

I found one point :3. Copy of proof of payment of the contribution covering administrative costs. https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/Appl … 20fee.aspx

Could you please let me know - do i have to pay again for wife and child or its the payment proof which i have paid for single permit?

This is a seperate fee I think. Do call VFS and clarify.

Hello, anyone applied for the spouse visa during the summer period and have received the decision from immigration office?

Any body knows... how to get karnataka state appostille for birth certificate?

https://mea.gov.in/apostille.htm has all the info you need.

Hello Aneesh,

I went vfs office today for apostille the birth certificate and marriage certificate from MEA(Ministry of External Affairs) but they told me to do the apostille from state govt first then mea is possible.

For PCC as it was issued from passport office no need state apostille , direct MEA is possible.

Thank you.

You can go to any agency which does attestation. They will do it for you. Otherwise you'll have to get it notarized and then go to the state govt home department for getting it cleared from state govt.

Also apostille is done by mea and not state govt. State govt would just stamp it as attested.

arjunprasad2143 wrote:

You can go to any agency which does attestation. They will do it for you. Otherwise you'll have to get it notarized and then go to the state govt home department for getting it cleared from state govt.

Also apostille is done by mea and not state govt. State govt would just stamp it as attested.

Yes, got it.

agent are telling me different options
1. Notary + Sub Divisional Magistrate  + MEA Apostille (this will take less time)  OR
2. Notary + state Home Department + Divisional Magistrate +  MEA Apostille (this will take 25days)

Could you please let me know for Belgium which one should i have to take?

Its upto you. If you can wait for 25 days you can go with the 2nd option.

For me I had to submit my document within 15 days, so i had to go with the 1st option.(This was for PCC)

To be honest, I'm not sure of the difference between the 2. If someone else can chime in, it would be great.

Thanks
Arjun

One more question, My company told me they will give hotel for 6 weeks but
For dependent visa, its mentioned that I need to provide some rental agreement.

My question is - is it possible  to get the visa with hotel accommodation if not, how to get rental contract?