Family reunion - Dependent Visa for spouse

It has been mentioned many times in many threads in this forum.

Initial accommodation booking is enough. You can mention in the cover letter that this is initial accomodation for you and your dependent(s) and you will find a long term rental once you are in the country. If you can get one: A letter from your employer stating that this is the initial accomodation and you will find a long term accomodation for you and family, during your initial stay period, can be an additional supporting document.

Aneesh wrote:

It has been mentioned many times in many threads in this forum.

Initial accommodation booking is enough. You can mention in the cover letter that this is initial accomodation for you and your dependent(s) and you will find a long term rental once you are in the country. If you can get one: A letter from your employer stating that this is the initial accomodation and you will find a long term accomodation for you and family, during your initial stay period, can be an additional supporting document.

Thank you so much Aneesh.

Currently I am in India and in possession of all required documents for applying visa. However, my spouse and child are still awaiting some pending documents. If I apply for visa myself alone, instead of together with family, would it result in subsequent longer visa processing time for the family members if they would apply later.
Any guidance or past experience in this matter would be highly appreciated

AmitS01 wrote:

Currently I am in India and in possession of all required documents for applying visa. However, my spouse and child are still awaiting some pending documents. If I apply for visa myself alone, instead of together with family, would it result in subsequent longer visa processing time for the family members if they would apply later.

Hello,

Informations allready given more than 100X by lot of peoples. So take the time to READ all previous topics on that matter.

AmitS01 wrote:

Yes, I will take more time. As per my understanding from this group.

Hi All
Just for info.

I applied for dependent visa along with me. I got it with in 5 days. For family they gave it for 1 year.

I followed the document list which mentioned in beginning of this group.

A special Thanks to Aneesh sir.

Regards

Excellent news. !! congrats !!

All,
I got the dependent visa for my wife approved too. Some information on the timeline. I applied under article 10 as I hold a type B long term resident card, then it took 9 months and a few days for the dependent approval(Jan applied - Oct end approved). This was the same for another friend of mine. Good Luck! Thanks Aneesh for all the info.

If someone is already living and working in Belgium then dependent visa can take about 9months right?

hi to all
applying family reuniion visa D art 10,

how long after allien office give us our pasport ?

thanks in advance

My wife has applied for a dependent visa under article 10(as I have a type C resident card). We applied in 5 sep 2019 but till yet(10 jan 2020) Allien office not give any response even Allien office not give back our pasport.is it normal ?

Passport is normally with the consulate. If you need it for any travel or so, you can request to the consulate.

Hi everyone,
I have a query that if  My wife have Belgium dependent visa and she is travelling first time to Belgium. So whether she can come to Amsterdam Airport from India and take a train from there to Brussels Or it's mandatory to enter first time in Belgium then I can go anywhere in Schengen countries?
Anyone have any leads . Highly Appreciated

Hi Lucky ,
its Normal.
I have applied for My wife's family reunion visa on 26th September and received the visa on 26th February and they kept the passport for 6 months.
So its normal.
Normally the visa file  is with Alien Office in Brussels you can check status at
https://dofi.ibz.be/sites/dvzoe/EN/Appl … ssing.aspx

Hi Aneesh and others,

Thanks for you good work here in expat. I have a query regarding to accommodation for belgium  dependent visa  for my wife and 4 moths old baby , right now i am staying with my friend in a 46 meter^2 duplex. if my house owner gives individual contract with my name , will that be sufficient for VISA processing . Please share your views. Thanks in advance!

Hey,
You can submit your contract documents if it's in your name . But along with that you need to submit one written/draft letter from landlord that he allows you   to keep extra two members ( wife and kid).
But I will better suggest , Book a seperate accomodation will future occupation date of 3-4 months even 6-9 months ( timing to issue dependent visa) and mention that you would like to have extra two members.
Regarding the area of accomodation requirements I don't have much idea I hope other members will give some light on it or you could refer the document fir  visa requirements documents from embassy website.

Thanks Sudhanshv.

Just sharing my timelines it may help others.

Yesterday i got visa decision Accord for family reunification application.

My Situation:
Single permit holder working in Belgium since July 09, 2018.

Timeline:
Visa application submitted to Gerry's Visa Application center or VFS: Feb 27 2020
Date of registration of the visa application by the Immigration Office: Apr 7 2020
Date of decision: May 26 2020

It took 3 months, i think because they are not accepting new visa applications existing applications are processed faster.

Hi Friends,
I am here in Belgium with my dependent visa an it iis getting expired on 12 December. I heared like I need to renew my visa on or before 30 to 45 days from the date of expiry. Now I am thinking to travel to India and stay in india for September and October and return in November mid and apply for the renewal of my visa.

1.What will happen if something goes wrong?
2.What will be the complications in this if i am not able to return due to this covid situation? Looking for the right advice .Thanks :)

If your id card/resident permit expire, you'll simply not be able to board the plane to come back in Belgium/Europe.
And even if you can (because they didn't check you carefully, immigration in Belgium will send you back in your country.

You'll need to request a return visa and you'll need to proof that your flight was cancel and you did everything you could to try to find a way back in Belgium before your id card expire.

You say visa, You dont have a residence permit yet ?

Okay. Thanks Alex for the reply. seems it is better to go after the card renewal. Do u have any idea how long will it take to get card in hand from the date of renewal

yes, it is a residence  card

Renewal of residence card depends on which commune you live. In Saint Gilles and Ixelles, it takes 3 weeks to renew the card.

Can I register a accommodation contract with Office of the Collector of Registrations (Bureau du Receveur de l'Enregistrement) immediately after I moved in? Or once I signed it?

It can be registered once it is signed.

HI,

I have a question in processing my son's long term visa (2 months old)
In the checklist it is mentioned that we need to provide the "certificate of civil status"
did VFS asked for this certificate for your child?

BR,
Naveen

Hi Everyone,

One of my friends Type-A residence card is expiring in July. She is pregnant and her due date is in June. Currently she is in India for the same.

1. Is there any way she can renew her card from india(with the exception for pregnancy)
2. If she need to apply for the new born child, how long will it take for the visa to be approved?

Thanks in advance,
Mira

Hello

if she announced to the commune that she'll be out of Belgium for more months AND her ID was still valid, she'll be able to request a return visa C to the embassy.
That will allow her to request a new ID card at the commune when she's back.

If she didn't announce her leave, the immigration might ignore your request as you didn't respect the law and you'll be force to do a new family reunion visa for her. (1 year...)

About your child, if he/she's born in India, the child will indeed need a visa to enter Belgium.

You should contact the embassy for further details.
Obviously, the best solution would be that she comes back in Belgium... but I guess that's not your goal, right now.

Hi Alex,
Thanks a lot for the reply.
Yes thats not her idea..she is feeling comfortable to have  her delivery in her native place.
Anyways, will inform her the details

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I need your help and advice in applying Family reunion visa type D.

My spouse lives there for 4 years and i would like to move there. I have gathered all the necessary documents with the help of travel consultant.

One of the document is covering letter from her organization. In that document, there are some terms mentioned as below
""During his stay in Belgium all the expenses including accommodation, travel and medical insurance will be borne by NV XXXXXXXXXX BELGIUM LIMITED.""(Her organisation name)

But her employer is not ready to share covering letter with above mentioned details. Her employer clearly said that they cannot share such letter as they cannot bare such expenses. My travel consultant is saying that, chances of getting depended visa is very less if the company doesn't share the covering letter with the above mentioned lines.

I would like to know the chances of getting dependent visa if her employer can share the covering letter by mentioning as below,
""During the dependent stay in Belgium all the expenses including accommodation, travel and medical insurance will be borne by the employee (My spouse)""

Please help me by clarifying this doubt. Thanks a lot for your help and support in advance.

@aneesh
Hallo Aneesh
Am Armon
I want apply a spouse visa or family reunion visa D. My wife she is in India now. I have some doubts about the documents can you help me please. Is the cover letter or invition letter is also a important.
Hello,

most of the time the embassy will request for it, as it gives them a bit of a context where you introduce yourself, defend your case: current jobs since dd/mm/yy, salary, insurances are in order, the history of relationship with your partner (when you did met, did you live together, .......), do you confirm you'll take care of everything when she come in Belgium and that will not cost a single € to the government, blablabla

That help them to give a proper judgement in your case... so yeah, do it!
Remember that the immigration officer that will judge your case, is also a human like you. So help him understand your case!

Hi Everyone, My wife will apply for a family reunification visa from India, so I think a birth certificate is needed for the same. She doesn't have a birth certificate record with the Government. But she got the non-availability birth certificate (NABC) from the local municipality. Can anyone please tell me if that can be used as a birth certificate record?

If yes, does this also need to be apostilled from MEA
Hhello,
I applied for art10 Visa last month July 4th and on 7th of July, I got a mail that it has been sent out. However, my file is yet to appear on dofi website. I understand the waiting period and all, I'm just curious if I'm using the right Reference number..
I'm using the ref no TLSABV....093 to search. Is this the right one pls? Thank you

N.B I intentionally dotted the first four numbers for privacy
Hello,
if you did print the visa request form from https://visaonweb.diplomatie.be/ you'll find a reference in "My application" such as BEL01100000000000xxxxx

the last numbers (the xxxxx without the leading 0) is the immigration id of your application that you can use on https://infovisa.ibz.be/InfovisaFr.aspx ("""Tapez ici le numéro de la demande de visa concernée""")
@AlexFromBelgium
Did you mean dossiernummer? When I filled I didn't see like your said “BEL” code. Where can i find it?
That's the visa number based on the embassy you've applied from.

So,
in FR: "Tapez ici le numéro de la demande de visa concernée (ex.: 1, 10,89, 200, ...)"
in NL: "Tik het betrokken visumaanvraagnummer in (bv. 1, 10, 89, 200, ...)"
HI everyone, my husband has weekly working contracts for his job in Belgium, no life contracts yet. Is it strong enough to use for application for family reunification spouse visa?
Lorsqu'un dossier est encore en traitement ou s'il n'est pas encore traité parce qu'en attente des documents étayant la demande visa envoyés par valise diplomatique, la date indiquée est la date d'enregistrement de la demande de visa par l'OE.

Whats that mean is there any pending support documents or what