Salry Range and cost of living in Kuwait

Hi All,

I am software professional with 9 + years of experience. I have been negotiating an offer with a Consulting firm. I am from India & I will be planning for relocating to Kuwait with my wife and kid.
I have been offered 1650 KD per month. Please suggest weather the same is good enough for a family of three (Wife & 1 kid). How much will I be able to save per month.
Can anybody guide and help me on this please..

Thanks

Hi , the amount is good, yet i donno if it is a fair pay for what you do, because i do not know what you do, is it oracle - mobile apps ....etc , yet with that amount you can afford to live a decent luxurious life to an extent, and still save up to 600-700 KD, if you live a regular high standard yet not much luxurious, you can save up to 900 KD assuming your kid will attend an Indian school,

Apartment rent would be around 350 - 400  KD   / month
Car installments 100-180 KD for a good brand new car / month
200 - 300 KD food budget /month depends on ur diet
200 KD extras   /month

and u can go for less than that if you want

schooling would be round 500-800 KD per year

No other benefits? housing - tickets - private Med. insurance ....etc ?

It all depends on what kind of life style you lead but you should be able to find a decent unfurnished apartment for about 250kd.

1650 KD is good salary. You should get free medical, travel allowance to native country in a year or two for you and your family.
If you  provide me more details such as how much salary you are getting presently,your domain or technology, where from you got the offer then I can give you  some advice . You can mail me at [email protected]

House rent :250-320 KD(1 BHK)
Food: 130 KD (cook at home+Outside food once a week+movie)
Car: 90-100 KD Toyota Corolla , Suv: 150 KD emi (no down payment for 5 years loan)
Gym    30 KD (if u use to)
Internet    20
Mobile    20 (local+international(Nymgo)
gas    1
patrol    20
electricity    5
Other 50 KD

You can save aprox 1000 KD per month

Please share below information. I want to tell you that how you should  negotiate with the employeer.
Please  contact me at [email protected]. . You should get 2000 KD salary. Please stick with your
expectation. I had some bad experince with my employeer , as per my experince I am getting less salary here.
After joining I came to know that If I was behaved smartly then I could get 400-500 KD more. Please share me  below information

1) Current salary
2) From  which sector you got the offer

Thanks alot for your reply Kareem appreciate it :-)

Thanks for the response, i am looking for a decent accommodation and simple living life-style

Please don't listen to man1234. He can't even spell employer.

Yes i added two e by mistake.But it is not a matter of how I spelt word. Me and DBA_BANGLORE both are working in same technology. I know how much he deserves, when I joined here employer offered me 2000 kd. He is still getting very high salary in India.

Hello,

This thread being on Salary Range and cost of living in Kuwait, let's avoid going off topic please. If you have any interesting information regarding the cost of living in Kuwait and the salaries, please feel free to share it here, keeping in mind that Expat.com is for sharing information and helping each other only. ;)

Thank you,

Shaazia
Expat.com Team