Female in Abu Dhabi

Hello all.
I will be moving to Abu Dhabi in just a few weeks.  I really would like to hear from some females.
The agency I will be working for has told me that any dress or skirt I wear must be below the knee.  First question, would tights be consider covering my kness?
Secondly, are cosmetics easily found?
Thirdly, should I take my vitamins and supplements with me?
Fourth, I run and do weight training.  What should I wear for my workouts?
Fifth, how should I pack for the winter months?
Sixth, and please don't laugh.  Should I take a rain jacket with me?

I thank y'all ahead of time for any help you can give me.
Lani

Dear Lani

I live in AD nearly now 1 and half years.

My suggestions:

You are supposed to wear knee length dress/skirt at work for sure, but other than  work if ur going outing you can choose to wear shorter but it always depends on where you are going and what purpse. If u go tto clubbing u can wear shorts. Althoug its important to respect the local norm and traditions.. for the expatriate UAE is more libereal country that other ARABS such as KSA!
I believe you wil get used to and will love when you arrive in a few days.

Cosmetics are available here (any brands) and cheaper that the west I think (hehe),
Vitamins supplements are also available here (some local pharmacies have registered practitioners to advise you any emergency medicines) but if u have any particular choice you can bring it with you.

If u run outdoor- you can wear long/short trousers, tshirt
Indoor, shorts, tshirts (as ur choice actually) 

Winter!! What's that!!! Heheh.. well M not sure which country ur from dear. During winter the weather is beautiful (20 to 24 degrees) . U can bring light jacket, some light sweaters. Although in winter U can get lots of sale in the big shopping malls, they got lots of varieties of collections and some shops are really cheap but nice clothes.

In the whole year may be 3-4 days I saw rain so as u can imagine- u wont need the rainy coat instead get a an umbrella to protect ur skin to burn from the heat specially this time if U have to walk under during the day.

All the best
marufa
for more(pls write me- [email protected])

Marufa,
Thank you so much for your help, it made me feel much better about how to pack.
Lani

Hi Lani it may pay to bring, Your vitamin suppliments with you, Supply here is very limited and extemely expensive.
Before you do check online to see if its a restricted here.
It only rained twice this year and it was pretty much a light shower, So you decide if you want to bring a rain coat, Also dont forget to bring you your favorite treats from home you may not be able to get it here.
I brought my own Egyptian cotton sheets with me as the quality of linen here is very limited.
As for cosmetics I feel that its so much cheeper overseas...For instance I brought a Channel Nail Polish for 120aed here, And I could of brought it online in the states for 40aed.
Have a safe trip and when you get here ,you can join our coffee groups.

cheers

one thing:

dont bring your rain jacket.bring alot of sunblock instead!

enjoy the free sauna in the city!