Holding residence permits of 2 GCC countries problem?

Hi friends,

Does anybody know, if someone has Saudi Iqama and got a investor visa from UAE and Emirates ID after that, is there any problem to hold Iqama (residence ID) of both countries, so that he can travel the both countries freely?

Thanks for advise.

Regards,

EH

Legally,No.As per the GCC regulations, no expatriate is allowed to hold resident visas of two GCC countries concurrently (except under special circumstances). You must cancel one visa to be eligible for residence in another GCC country. Even if you obtain visa without revealing the full facts, you will not be able to regularise your status once the authorities in the destination country notice the presence of a valid GCC resident permit from the other country in your passport.

This, however, will not be applicable if the resident visa has already expired.

On the other hand,there are lots in town who already hold both.The issue comes only if there's a strict security scrutiny.

The above response is correct and yet incorrect. 

Legally, you cannot hold two WORK visas at the same time from two GCC countries.  But you CAN have one work visa and as many investor visas as possible.   It is logical.  You can work in one country but can invest in many.

However, enforcement even in the case of two work visas is weak and varies from country to country.  Generally UAE and Saudi are the only two in my experience who create problems but not all the time.

I am an Indian national currently working in Bahrain. Now I received an job offer from UAE and I would like to join there; I would like to request you to kindly clarify my below doubts regarding UAE work visa.

1) I already Resigned My current employer in Bahrain is not ready to give me exit from Bahrain. So is it possible to get UAE work visa without cancelling my Bahrain work visa?

1) You don't need exit in Bahrain. You can leave if you have your passport. Are you referring to the fact that he is not ready to cancel the visa?  if so, file an intent to transfer with LMRA just to ensure that the employer cannot renew the visa on expiry date.  Resign in writing and send it via registered mail to employer address

2) Yes, in most cases

Source: I currently hold Bahrain and Saudi residency. In the past have held three i.e UAE, Bahrain and Saudi. Before that UAE and Saudi.

Hello!

I work in Oman where I have a sponsored work visa from my employer, but am looking to open a recruiting business in Dubai.

Can I open my business without my work visa in Oman being affected?

what kind of a visa should I opt for to have a business in Dubai?

tia

Already answered before.

Answered this before.  See post #5 and prior.

@XTang

I am getting hired for a job at a public university in Saudia Arabia, but I hold a student visa in Qatar and am in the final stages of my Phd Degree. I would like to accept the job offer in Saudia Arabia, but I am not sure if my student visa would create an issue. I would like to keep my student visa as my PhD funding is conditional on my visa status. But I also want to accept the job offer in Saudia Arabia and eventually move there. So for i guess 6 months to a year I would like to keep my Qatari student visa and also my work visa in Saudia arabia. So my question is, that is this possible and what could be the common pitfalls here.

Literally, in the post before yours, I mentioned to someone else that this has been answered before.  Read the thread carefully.

My question is a bit complex, but here goes-

I have a valid Kuwait residency as well as a UAE one. I have sponsored my family (Wife and Kid) on the UAE visa but I do wish to take them to Kuwait to visit my parents. So, can I apply for a visit visa for Kuwait with the UAE ID and use the UAE ID to enter Kuwait?  will the Kuwait immigration raise questions why am I not using the Kuwait ID to enter?

If you are entering ANY GCC country, they will enter you on the basis of your passport number.  The passport number is linked to your status i.e. resident or visitor (visit visa).  The visit visa may have been given on the basis of the UAE residence BUT the primary number (for visa issuance or entry stamp) is always the passport.  So if you apply for a visit visa from the UAE using the same passport number then the system will flag this as a person who already has a residence visa in Kuwait. 

It can potentially work if you have TWO passports (different numbers) but even then, it is discouraged to enter on a passport number different to the one that your residence visa is on (if both passports are the of same nationality).  A friend tried that in the UAE on a British passport and he was waiting in immigration holding for 12 hours while they cleared the security flag raised by the system.  The only way this can work is if you have two passports of DIFFERENT nationality and even then, the system might flag an issue.  This has happened to me personally...........I get a UAE visa on the passport of my primary nationality within a day.  I mistakenly applied via the other nationality and it's been in process for almost 3 weeks now!!!.

I have uae visa and I am working here but I am going to India for my home country for few months at the same time I going to Saudi Arabia with free visa if I get job I will stay there otherwise I will return to uae and join my old company is there any issue

No issue other than the fact that there is NO such thing as a free visa and it is illegal to work for any employer who hasn't sponsored your visa directly.

Hi

My mother holds Saudi Residence visa through my Iqama and one my brother is living in UAE so she has golden visa & UAE resident ID from him as well

Is there any lega issue or we should cancel one of countries resiency for her

Please advise

Both are dependent visas/residencies, so no issue.