Emirates Driving Company (Abu Dhabi Driving License)

Here's some information for people applying for a drivers license

1 - Get an eye test done from the authorized opticians (Yateem, or any other which can upload your results on the AD police portal, ask your local optician). Do not go to EDC without an eye test done, they aren't doing eye tests there anymore, so trip will be wasted. Cost= 100 AED.

2 - Open traffic file online, through app or go to the typing center in the circular building next to EDC . Cost = 250 AED, add extra 50 AED if you dont have your own mobile number registered on your EID.

3 - Pay and book for theory classes. Go into EDC building, take a token and wait till your turn. Go in the morning so your turn comes quickly (under 15 minutes). If you get any later than 10 you'll be waiting for more than an hour, no joke. rn, edc has an offer for vip theory classes in normal charges. That will 2 classes, in one day and then your exam. In normal circumstances its usually 4 days, 8 classes, and then your exam, which takes too much time.

4 - Give the exam. Its really easy, a 12 year old with common sense could pass it. you need to get at least 36 questions right out of total of 45 questions. Make sure before submit and if possible try to review the questions and answer 2 or 3 times.

5- Go downstairs after passing the exam and book practical classes. If you have your own license from home country with translation done, skip this step.
There are three types of packages for practical classes, normal (14 days) , intensive (8 days) and vip (5-6 days) . I suggest to go with intensive. Normal is like 2860 AED, intensive is 3050 AED, and vip is like 4000+ AED (not sure about this). Go with intensive its only 200 dhs expensive and you get done quickly.

6 - In intensive they'll book 5 days first, after the area 5 class your instructor will give a recommendation slip, in case your driving aint good they'll give you extra classes, if your driving is okay you can move on to book the remaining 3 days, in which you drive alone while the instructors keep check by walkies

7 - Keep your refresh parking class on the same day before your yard test. Trust me you'll pass with ease if you come directly from the refresh parking class to the yard test. Drive slowly in your yard test and park your car in the boxed lines, for most instructors it doesnt matter if the car isnt exactly straight, just the body needs to be inside of the boxed lines. They even gave a student besides me a second chance because he didn't do so well in his first chance. Second chance depends on the instructor, they can fail you too.

8 - If you pass you can book your road test through app or typing center. I suggest the app, its convenient, just go home and do it from the app. Find yourself a driving instructor for outside training before the test. You need to have at least 6 hours of training before any instructor can issue you a certificate. The rate per hours is 60 dhs. Bargain and bargain hard. Don't buy into any BS rates from instructors like 70-80 or some people even give 100. The first instructor i talked to gave me the 60 AED rate directly.

9 - Pass the road test, and get delivery of your license through app
Good luck, and to me too since i still have my road test to be done.

@ syedaftabhashmi :

Thank you for sharing of information.
However, can you please send us the link to the source of this info?

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

From personal experience this article was shared and if you want more information you can go through below link or google it you can find it.

https://www.bayut.com/mybayut/complete- … abu-dhabi/

The procedures now as per Abu Dhabi traffic new system
https://legaltranslationabudhabi.com/se … anslation/

Hi

do you have any idea with intensive practical training? how many hours per day it would consume?

I am working and I am not sure if I will take leave or after work