Saudi license plated car in Dubai - SALIK

Hi all,

I'm a Saudi citizen that might move to Dubai as a change in my job location. I was wondering about taking my car over to Dubai and keeping the Saudi license plates - I know there is an agreement between GCC countries and that's fine.

From what I understand Saudi plated cars do not get traffic fines (the GCC agreement is that the citizen's country will pay the fine, and then charge the citizen in their origin country, but Saudi has not implemented this system internally for its citizens).

However I was just wondering about SALIK - do I need a tag? What happens if I do not get one, will the charges be directed back to Saudi, as with the traffic fines? Do the traffic police write fines for cars without SALIK tags? What about parking?

Thanks in advance, hope the question is clear!

hi friend, i meet the same question, last month i drive car from muscat to dubai ,but nobody remind me the salik tag, so i drive three days in dubai without that tag and cross many salik bridge  haha .4 days later i'm drive back to muscat, and  checked dubai police and oman police web , not find fine for my car, now stii waiting for the news bad or not bad~

Hello buddy,
Any update regarding this? I still wanna know if we really want Salik Tags for a Saudi car in Dubai. Anyone who visited dubai from Saudi, pls share your experiences. Thanks

If you will drive your car through dubai downtown and go through salik bridge, it's better to buy one salik tags, i have asked my friend need pay 100 AED first. last month i drive car from muscat to dubai , Dubai have many road camera and  speed radar, be careful , a lot of fine.

Ok Thanks for the suggestion buddy. I just read in some blog that a Saudi car doesnt need the Salik tags. Tats y I was asking.

Zhang Jie,

Did you received a fine from dubai police for salik tag violations?

Thanks,
Venkat

Hi All,

Last week i travelled to dubai from muscat by road. And i didnt take Salik Tag and i  drive five days in dubai without tag and cross many salik bridge. Till now i didnt recieved any fine.  Please let me know;
1) Whether i will get a fine from dubai police?
2) If so how long it will take to reflect in the oman rop traffic fine services website.

Thanks in Advance.

I had my car from Bahrain for 7 years now in UAE, the only fines i got were from Ajman which I paid in Bahrain. Even those stopped coming now. I used to pay Salik but even that I stopped, 5 years now and no fine. I get messages of pending payments as I still have the tag, then they disappear, no fines from Dubai police. What I have been told is that Salik runs under a semi private entity that makes it hard for them to send a fine to another government. I still respect the rules of the road though as other than fines they can also impound my car. If I go to Dubai police website, it shows the fines but no way of paying them. I even went to Tasjeel once with a lump of cash and told them I wanna pay my fines he said you can only pay in Bahrain. I went to Bahrain traffic department and said I don't have any fines. So I guess it's your luck, sometimes they send them and sometimes they don't.