Kuwait: Traffic fine and you don't know anything about it!?

I had my car's license done this week and discovered I had a fine of KD5 against my name. "Parking ticket" said the guy.... Anyway, I paid that and got my new license granting me another 12 happy months on the road.

Got home and looked at the printout re my parking fine and discovered the license plate didn't match my other car's plate number! I'd been charged for a parking offence that I didn't commit.... Anyway, KD5 won't make me any poorer (than I already am) so WTH, I left it there.

Two days later I was talking to a guy in the office and found out he had not one, but THREE traffic citations against his name when he went a renewal yet he only has one car! He contested it and the traffic admin guy removed it from his name immediately without any quarrel.

Hopefully these are two isolated incidents, but if you have more than one car, keep all your registration numbers handy so that you don't get caught!

I had my car's license done this week and discovered I had a fine of KD5 against my name. "Parking ticket" said the guy.... Anyway, I paid that and got my new license granting me another 12 happy months on the road.

Got home and looked at the printout re my parking fine and discovered the license plate didn't match my other car's plate number! I'd been charged for a parking offence that I didn't commit.... Anyway, KD5 won't make me any poorer (than I already am) so WTH, I left it there.

Two days later I was talking to a guy in the office and found out he had not one, but THREE traffic citations against his name when he went a renewal yet he only has one car! He contested it and the traffic admin guy removed it from his name immediately without any quarrel.

Hopefully these are two isolated incidents, but if you have more than one car, keep all your registration numbers handy so that you don't get caught!