Amblyopia - Driving license with almost only One eye in Kuwait ?

Hello,

I really need you to take my décision to go to work in Kuwait.

Can i pass the eye test in the Qurtoba Clinic with only one eye who has a perfect eyesight ?

I have an amblyopia so The second eye has poor eyesight and i drive since many years.

They need this exam to convert french driving license on kuwait driving license, and i don't find the eyesight requirements.

Thank you very much it is really important.

i think if you convert your licence it should not be an issue, not sure about qurtuba tho.

Thank you very much , anyone else about this test ?

I have terrible vision in my left eye.  For the test the guy covered my right eye first and pointed to every other letter on the line.

"O-H-K-L"

good,  He covered my right eye and I could barely see the paper.  I decided to try to play it off.

"M-P-S-T"

Good! 

Here's your stamp.  Pick up your license tomorrow.

Awesome story !

And what about if someone say that it is not possible to read ? do you think it is a problem ?

Someone else who has the eyesight requirments ? really important

If you can see and say the letters (or are very good at pretending you can) then you should be OK.  I did notice that they also had shapes, and arabic letters.  Maybe that would be an alternative for someone who could not read.

If you vision can be corrected by glasses, I think that is ok too.

I think the only problem is if you can not see at all.

Thank you very much , for me i can see the shapes but not the letter except if they are very very big, but the right eye has excelent eyesight.

So big question , someone who has answer about this case ?

I have the same issue. I can see 6/9 parts. In my right eye. I don't know if I can pass the test. But my left eye is perfect.

Hello AK1991,

This discussion is old and inactive, I suggest you start a new thread on the Kuwait forum to ask your questions.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team