Saudi employer threat - they want to recover recruitment costs

I left Saudi Arabia on an exit-re entry visa, I resigned with immediate effect while in UAE. My company wants to recover recruitment costs but I am disputing it. They are threatening me with a problem/bad record. How far can they go?

if you don't have financial dues from your employer and the banks in saudi, no worries.   

if you worked with your former saudi employer, for more than 1 year, no worries.

if you worked with your former saudi employer, less than 3 months or less than 1 year, and you left your employer, there is a clause in your contract (for some) that you will pay your employer for the cost of getting you from your original country to saudi that includes, visa processing, plane tickets etc.  Then they have a right to get angry but since you are already out of the KSA, good for you. and good luck.

mikealacapa wrote:

I left Saudi Arabia on an exit-re entry visa, I resigned with immediate effect while in UAE. My company wants to recover recruitment costs but I am disputing it. They are threatening me with a problem/bad record. How far can they go?

Do not worry pal, all they  going to do " which I really doubt " is put you in run-away list. My friends were kept in that list and all they suffered is not to visit Saudi arabia for a period of five years. Who would want to visit this place again if they got a better place to go.

Anyways, you can go to the Labor court, which you might get lucky and file a complain. Be sure that you are in the right path. Don't go there while you know your the mistaken. like the brother said, you better be done with at least a year to be on the safe side.

Best of luck Run away buddy

:proud:whistle: