Singles Life in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Hey everyone,

What's it like being a single late twenties caucasian guy in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. What do you do for fun?  Are there other singles?  Especially single girls.  I know Saudi girls are off limits unless you want to me buried in the desert, but how about American girls?  European girls?  Asians?  Etc. 
Also, can you drink beer on the compounds?  Can you get beer?

I'm laughing as I write this.  At this particular point in my life, hot weather, money, beer, and girls are important matters to me.  Thanks for your help.

nstep22 wrote:

Hey everyone,

What's it like being a single late twenties caucasian guy in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. What do you do for fun?  Are there other singles?  Especially single girls.  I know Saudi girls are off limits unless you want to me buried in the desert, but how about American girls?  European girls?  Asians?  Etc. 

I'm laughing as I write this.  At this particular point in my life, hot weather, money, beer, and girls are important matters to me.  Thanks for your help.

Well, I dont know about other compounds, but the one I used to in Jeddah called Saudi City , I used to have a friend who throws a party every weekend and there drinks available where we were getting drunk ,,,

Plus outside compound's too, there some who usualy make wine but kinda hard to know and find.

About fun,,, there are alot that you could do, compound life is different and outside life is different,,, lots of sight seeing to visit,, Youve got the east and west if your more of an ocean or sea kinda person ,,, diving and snorkeling if you know what I mean.... Cafe's Malls ( malls are some how sometime restricted for singles ) and lots of other fun places for mid twenties are available...

Girls,,, I think you want to come and go back again by getting deported lol,,, but wont break your hopes down,,, girls are every where you just need to know how to play the game back here because it aint as liberated as it is from where you come from, especially Riyadh,, but Khobar and Jeddah the cities are abit cooler and open,,, doesnt mean you can still be who you are but you can mingle from a far distance...

Hope this helps out ;)

" you  can mingle from a  far distance"????

@hydere  please  do inform us how to do that?!   :cool:

As a matter of fact , i am myself intrigued. I guess far distance is through "Internet " chats it seems .

actually as a single asian here in jeddah,, we can mingle girls in private parties  :)

Well, hope this doesnt get me locked up hehe.. What I actually meant is that people can mingle in a far distance. But they need to keep it low. Meaning do not expose yourselves too much like the way I used to do which did get me in trouble couple of times but I manage to get out of it due to some connections I had.

So get a girl and just dont expose yourselves. Wishing to expose yourself, get a friend with an access in a compound or a beach house. Or else just live in Jeddah and Kobar.

Hey.... I've more than 20yrs on you (and I'm the opposite sex)....  and hot weather, money, beer, and guys are still important to me now!!  :D

annpreilly wrote:

Hey.... I've more than 20yrs on you (and I'm the opposite sex)....  and hot weather, money, beer, and guys are still important to me now!!  :D

What do you mean ?

I mean I'm over 20yrs older than the op and those things are still important to me.  Just cause you get older doesn't mean you stop wanting to have fun!!  So bring on the hot weather, beer, money and men!! Lol:)

annpreilly wrote:

I mean I'm over 20yrs older than the op and those things are still important to me.  Just cause you get older doesn't mean you stop wanting to have fun!!  So bring on the hot weather, beer, money and men!! Lol:)

I see it still burns in you hehe, Well keep it and love the intensity that you've got there . . .

:/

charles1410 wrote:

Are you confused Charles?

annpreilly wrote:
charles1410 wrote:

Are you confused Charles?

He simply wonders if that could actually happen after hearing the crazy stories that goes around about Saudi Arabia, little does he know, that under ground games are actually every where in this world and they are played internationally :P

this is getting
..........interestingly........fun to.............

...read posts :-)

Hi everybody,

Please let's concentrate again on the initial topic here. ;)

Thanks

Priscilla

@ nstep22!

In a nutshell, Saudi Arabia is not the right choice for you.

nstep22 wrote:

Hey everyone,

Haha for some reason I don't think hot weather is going to be an issue nstep22...

Totally with you on this one tho! I'm also late 20's from Aus and moving to Riyadh in 2 weeks  :o  from what I'm reading on here it's going to be interesting...really not getting my hopes up on the girl part let alone "girls" haha.  I'll stay sane by planning my european holidays...

I've been talking to a colleague of mine who lived in Riyadh in her late twenties and she said it's all about networking and embassy parties. 

good luck!

What's all these embassy parties all about?

Has anyone on here been to one?

Ahem ahem , better not spill all the beans, :joking:
Psst:they are watching.  :blink::D

lol....go to las vegas...that's the perfect place for you....money, beer, girls. :-)

Djzubaid wrote:

Ahem ahem , better not spill all the beans, :joking:
Psst:they are watching.  :blink::D

:cool:  they might steal  the beans! lol