International Money Transfer

Hi,
Yesterday (Wednesday) I did a Online Money transfer from my Saudi Bank, to my UK Bank. Today (Thursday )  I checked my UK Bank and It has not arrived yet ?...
Any Idea how long a transfer should take ?
Also the  Saudi Bank have charged me SAR 50 too...

Thanks

Normally, about 4-5 working days. Saudi bank itself could take up to a day or two.

Wow a long time  :|  maybe quicker with Tele money, or western union

International transfers take 10-12 WORKING days. So do not worry if you don't recieve anything in the next 2 weeks, it's very normal and if it is a slightly larger sum of money, it will be stopped and they will ask you to clarify the reason of transfer.

I have done alot of overseas transfer so my statement above is based on solid experience.

Thank You for the advise I was getting a little worried

Is it possible to post money directly to your home bank without opening an account in saudi banks?

Yes Jane it is.... however the amount that you may be allowed to remit is limited. Use the Enjaz, Quick pay or other services offered. I think Enjaz uses the western union money transfer.

Thanks live Ali. A relief there.

Pleased to say Transfer was received !! so it only took 24 hours ,, from UK to Saudi..another option i have found is Telemoney, you just need your Iqama to open a account and send money

JOHN GOODALL wrote:

Hi,
Yesterday (Wednesday) I did a Online Money transfer from my Saudi Bank, to my UK Bank. Today (Thursday )  I checked my UK Bank and It has not arrived yet ?...
Any Idea how long a transfer should take ?
Also the  Saudi Bank have charged me SAR 50 too...

Thanks

Moneygram would be the best way to deposit your money.   Remittance processing is faster, they are  pretty strict when it comes to getting informations, but it's worth it.

JOHN GOODALL wrote:

Pleased to say Transfer was received !! so it only took 24 hours ,, from UK to Saudi..another option i have found is Telemoney, you just need your Iqama to open a account and send money

John how much is the charge to send money to the UK via telemoney? Thanks

Hi sorry i have not used Tele money,, i used Direct from my account via the internet and the bank charged me SAR 50,  I think only SAR 16 By tele money..

JOHN GOODALL wrote:

Hi sorry i have not used Tele money,, i used Direct from my account via the internet and the bank charged me SAR 50,  I think only SAR 16 By tele money..

Did your UK bank charge an additional amount when it received the funds?

I know Lloyds charges me £12

Yes they did !!! but it saves all the hassle of having to stand in long ques at Western union, or  Tele Money,, here in Rabigh it is absolutely crazy with hundreds of people trying to send money back home ..

JOHN GOODALL wrote:

Yes they did !!! but it saves all the hassle of having to stand in long ques at Western union, or  Tele Money,, here in Rabigh it is absolutely crazy with hundreds of people trying to send money back home ..

John, which bank do you bank with?
And how much did you get charged?

I'm wondering if any other UK bank takes a lower fee...

Dears,

I have the same problem. I sent money to Manila, BDO bank thru Telemoney Online last 3, April 2018. I got a reference number of my transaction and my account in ANB was deducted. But until now 18, April 2018 the money is not yet in my Bnco De ORO (BDO) account. My wige asked the BDO Teller today but the Teller tell her tha they dont received it yet. They gave  a hot number to contact but 12 hours trying to contact can not connect to the call agent. Is their other to find out whre is my money now?
Please help me.

Ask your Saudi bank for the SWIFT message of the transfer and send it to the home country bank to see where the funds are.   Alternatively, ask the Saudi bank to do a trace on the funds for which they may charge you something.

Via online banking also takes about 2 weeks?

Does SBI have a branch in Saudi Arabia ?? Is it possible to transfer money through SBI ??

gkitcareer wrote:

Does SBI have a branch in Saudi Arabia ?? Is it possible to transfer money through SBI ??

I think the only one in Jeddah has closed now