SABB Unpaid CC Collection Ageny

Need everyone's help

I have unfortunately defaulted in my SABB Credit Card, which now amounted to almost 7K SAR.
I take the full blame and responsibility, and I know that because of this I must face it for the sake of my conscience and avoid further complications.

for some reason this forgotten obligation haunted on me when last week I received a call from a landline in Riyadh which I answered thinking that it was just another call from someone (since it is landline I thought that it is a recruitment call from some companies I applied online)

Then all hell break loose. I was dumbfounded to learn it was a past due collection call. The caller introduced himself (I believe he is a local judging by his accent) as from SABB bank and the call is a reminder for me to settle my unpaid account with the bank, or else they will resort to "legal" action.

As a normal reaction, I got worried and since I do not have any means to pay it ASAP (the caller told me I should settle the amount within the day at the bank), what I had in my mind is arrange for a payment arrangement directly to the bank in my own workable terms.

Nevertheless, the caller insisted that I don't have sufficient time and proposed that I will be given a discount and will only have to pay 5,300 SAR and he will offset the remaining amount. Sounds weird. But I still visited the bank with the ff. results:

1. The bank rep told me that my CC info was already not available in their system. I have defaulted for too long way beyond my timeline and they already endorsed my account to Collections (which then explains the call).
2. The bank rep instead gave me collections toll free number (800 124 8822). But I was routed to a VCR which says there is a maintenance on the system and no further assistance can be given at the moment.  However I think the most important thing is that I was able to notify the bank about my intent to solve my issue and settle my obligation. So I gave myself another day to reach them and refused to entertain the barrage of calls coming thru my phone from that collection agent

I receive a personal text message from that agent (thru SMS - which is again, weird) telling me to stop my attempts contacting the bank directly for settlement and just pay my o/s debt immediately, advising me that I have to be careful and that it will be my last chance with them before they resort to legal means.

True enough to his threat, I received an SMS the next day, which appears to have been sent by SABB (there is a SABB headliner recipient) which notifies me that "due to non payment, they will cancel all my services including residence ID renewal and travel bans and will send a letter to my work according to Article 46".

My questions then for those who can help me:

1. is this a legit SMS from SABB bank? The bank rep didn't advise me anything about legalities. I was under the impression that it came from the collection agency
2. Any idea what is article 46?
3. Can they really suspend my Iqama services? I was confused what do they mean when they say "cancel all my services"
4. How can I proceed to make settlement when it got me nowhere while I visited the bank and even referred me back to their collections department whose toll free line is not working?
5. Can I settle without going thru the collection agent? They are more interested in securing the money devoid of human consideration and will likely pressure you to settle right away vs. payment arrangements?
6. Can they jail you for credit card debt?

Appreciate if you can help me shed light on this problem of mine

Thank you.

There are few things not clear here. Are you still in KSA and you defaulted your payment. If you are then bank will not approach collection agency and will contact your employer and start recovery process from salary or final settlement.

If you are outside KSA , then yes they give this to collection agency but most preferably a local one in your home country.

There is always chance to speak to the bank directly and settle this between you and bank and without collection teams and no collection party can say no, if you tell them you have contacted the bank directly and is dealing with them on settlement.

Most probably from what you said, this is probably a scam to get money from you by a fraudster who is sending you these phony messages. If you are in KSA, ask him which branch he is in or his location so you can go to him and if he threatens you next time with police , just inform him to go ahead and ask them to contact your employer / kafeel and you will pay this from your settlement to the bank.

No one is going to arrest you for CC debt. So, first thing: don't panic and don't be scared.

They have their settlement branch on Sitteen street (if you are in RIyadh). Go there and ask them for your dues. They'll give you a voucher with the number you need to pay. Ask him to get good discount on it because YOU want to settle it. Run several rounds of negotiation till you get a minimum possible. Get the voucher with revised number.

Now go to the ground floor and pay the dues.

There is no police there. So, don't worry :)

Hi,
He will call you again and come up with a bigger story to make you panic more. Have you asked him to identify himself that he is bank/collection agency employee and authorized person to talk to you about your debts?
He must give you office # and extension # to get back to you....if he changes the subject or his tone changes this will confirm this spam.

Thank you HR Guru, I am still in KSA. Yes I went to the back but it was useless. They just referred me back to Collections and when I tried calling them, the number is under maintenance. It was frustrating not knowing who to approach. I even offered the bank representative that I am willing to transfer my salary by opening an account and they can just make auto deductions every month. But anyways what happened was I texted the collection agent and told him I am negotiating with the bank directly to deal with my payments. Instead I received a SABB text message the next day advising me that "all my services are cancelled including Iqama renewal and travel bans". Is this text message even legitimate?

No it is not. As TLL said above, try approaching the branch either in Sitheen Street or Dabab street where the collections office is situated.  I dont think any bank will ban travel or iqama renewal for non-payment of debt, rather will collect from you.

I am very sure this guy is a spammer who has access to CC defaulter's database. He is threatening and blackmailing to get some money from OP.

I have a fair idea  of what is going on here.

Before a credit card company finally decides an outstanding amount to be classified as  a bad debt, they contact a 'DEBT COLLECTOR' offering him a very  profit option (a Karachi law firm was offered 50% as their collection share)

The legal system and police is not very professional in most Asian countries , these law firms in turn take services of professional 'arm twisters' who revert to harassing the customer at their home or new job place and often create an unpleasant scene which is basically blackmail.

The most important point I want every body to understand is that these thugs with a list of names and addresses at their hands turn loose and with the help of whatsapp and facebook, trace the person and pocket the collection without knowledge of Law firm or CC company.

Solution:

Out of the two possibilities, I am sure this is happening outside KSA since within Saudi, an expat can be easily tracked from his name nationality and details at previous employer.

If you are outside KSA, get the conversation recorded and  register a complaint with police telling them that you are in the process of satelliting the outstanding amount and the status of the person calling you should be checked.    :cool:

Hi, I did a final exit from Saudi Arabia last year October with SR18000 credit card debt unpaid. I had no problem with my final exit. I have found new employment in Saudi since then.

Would I have a problem with re-entry into Saudi?

imprisonment? Detained?

What options do I have in terms of repayment of the debt? Who do I contact? And how do I find out if I'm been blacklisted?

If you could assist I would highly appreciate it.

Hi, I did a final exit from Saudi Arabia last year October with SR18000 credit card debt unpaid. I had no problem with my final exit. I have found new employment in Saudi since then.

Would I have a problem with re-entry into Saudi?

imprisonment? Detained?

What options do I have in terms of repayment of the debt? Who do I contact? And how do I find out if I'm been blacklisted?

If you could assist I would highly appreciate it.

Is this from SABB?
A SABB affiliated office dedicated solely for written off accounts that were endorsed to collections is found in Riyadh, where you can pay all your O/S debts and get clearance. This is a good and legit way to avoid dealing with 3rd party collections since you are directly dealing with the BANK.

I was with Al Jazeera Bank

The visa process does not have a way to know if you have had any unpaid debt. The visa will be processed, however on arrival if your passport, fingerprint is already tagged under unpaid bill / debt they could arrest you.  Your best option is to contact the bank and it's collections department and clear everything up at the earliest.

saudipinoy82 wrote:

Is this from SABB?
A SABB affiliated office dedicated solely for written off accounts that were endorsed to collections is found in Riyadh, where you can pay all your O/S debts and get clearance. This is a good and legit way to avoid dealing with 3rd party collections since you are directly dealing with the BANK.

What does it mean by 3rd party?
Is there any way to fix credit card amount not no increase every month there ''Twariq fee (something like that) and some time late fee) it's totally headache,,,we paid minimum amount and then they add 70% Twariq and late fee so less is 25%. like this we can't finish our credit. After all i lost my job . what i have to do advice please.

hello sir... i have same problem with yours,, but my cc is from riyadhbank.. i have unpaid bills of 4k which went up till 7k... there's always a landline who is calling my number,, but everytime they will call i was not able to answer.. then somebody sent me a whatsapp msg informing me to settle my unpaid cc debt to riyadhbank otherwise they will cancel my services,, i panicked so i replied to his msg and told him if i can pay on salary time he said it is not allowed i should pay in full,, but i told him that i cannot find any means to pay in full at that moment so he just told me to pay whatever amount i have... then,, the next day i went to the bank and paid 500sr.. he told me to just send picture of the receipt and so i did after payment thru the branch.. and when salary time came he sent me a msg again to settle the payment,, same thing same procedure i did... and just yesterday i received a msg from collections that my account was forwarded to their legal department due to nonpayment,, i panicked again and sent a whatsapp msg to the same person i haf contact 2 weeks before,, i forwarder the sms which is in arabic and he told me that i must pay all my unpaid bills,, i had told him that i dont have any means to pay it in full thats why i told him to pay it in monthly basis..

my question is,, do they really stop me from working because of this cc unpaid bills??

will they sue me for this since the account is forwarded to the legal department??

i am going for vacation this february,, will i be able to go or they will stop me in immigration regarding cc unpaid bill??

thank you and hoping to have a reply regarding this problem...

Its a collection agency as far as I know. But I got a tip from my local colleague, who was a former bank employee, that Riyadh Bank is a local bank hence they are linked directly to local laws hence it is far easier for them to prosecute. But usually cases less than 20k o/s balances are ignored by these banks unless for some reason they decide to go against you (their discretion)

i tried to ask the guy who sent me a whatsapp msg what is the number i shall call to arrange my payment options but he did not reply,, i even tried to ask who is he so i can look for him and we can talk regarding my issue but he just read and did not textback... can i ask for any suggestion regarding this issue?? do i really have to pay my cc debt at once??

yesterday i received sms from collections that they forwarded my account to their legal department so i send whatsapp to this guy and he told me that i must pay all... there is also a number to call for inquiry from the collections..

011-237-9805 is this a local # in saudi arabia??

Good day..

Ask ko lang po kung nakabalik po ba kau sa KSA? same case din po kasi tyo.. Im waiting for my contract and visa now.

sana you can advise me.. salamat..

dito pa qh KSA... sa feb pa ung uwe qh pero bakasyon lng.. ang sakin nman kung makakauwe ba qh without any hassle... sa riyadhbank ka din ba??

Sa NCB po.. totoo po ba na hi no hold sa immigration at deport pabalik or kulong..

Hello everyone,

Please let us keep the conversation in English only on the forum so that everybody can fully understand. You may exchange in any other language through the private messaing system.

Thanks in advance,
Bhavna

Still your in Saudi?? Did your pay the due in SABB

Hi sir, may I ask if sabb bank has office for unpaid loan settlement in khobar. I am presently working in khobar i  also have similar case. Thank you.

Hi, I have a loan with SABB, and I already paid 24 months of my loan. Right now, I still have 12 months left. Since January 2018, I wasn't able to pay my monthly loan payment because they closed my account.
After a few weeks, I received calls as well as SMS, asking me to pay my loan.
And only last Sunday the SABB recovery officer sent me an email that I need to pay the loan balance to prevent referral of my case to the concerned department for legal action.
I am still here in KSA, I don't know what will be the implications of the legal action that they will do. Hope to get your advise on this. Thank you

Hi, settle your loan immediately before you receive SMS from Ministry of Justice. After 5 days or so, if your debt is not settled then it will ruin most of your days in KSA.

Hi Honey Bee... What happened to your case with Al-Jazeera?... How did you settle it?

How's your status regarding your unpaid credit card?

jailene wrote:

i tried to ask the guy who sent me a whatsapp msg what is the number i shall call to arrange my payment options but he did not reply,, i even tried to ask who is he so i can look for him and we can talk regarding my issue but he just read and did not textback... can i ask for any suggestion regarding this issue?? do i really have to pay my cc debt at once??

We had the same case in Riyadh Bank. My question is, do you still receive your Statement of Account from Riyadh Bank from the time these collecting agent is calling you?

hi . i had my final exit in saudi arabia last dec 2018. since then i didnt pay for my credit card up to now . the sabb sent me message that i will be subjected to POLICE/INTERPOL Case, IMMIGRATIONS & CENTRAL Bank for permanent blacklisting and watch lists. is it possible? can i still have working visa to other country like qatar?

Hello everyone,

I just recently went exit last june and i still have balance on my sabb loan like 8000 sar, when i was still in riyadh i approached one of the bank reps and offered to pay the loan in full using my exit benefits money but according to the bank reps i can still pay it monthly thru hsbc bank in philippines and no need to pay it full since no benefit for me and so i can enjoy my end of benefits money. I asked if my husband who will be retained in riyadh to be the one to pay as per the bank reps no problem as long as he knows my bank account number and can pay to the teller directly. Now my husband went to the bank to pay but then he was asked to talk with the manager. The manager then told my husband that he cannot pay the remaining loan on my behalf it should be me. My husband told them i already went exit and already in philppines and still willing to pay the remaining balance since its my obligation to do so and to be guilt free. If ever I cannot find any ways to pay it and wanted to go back in ksa will i be hold in the immigration? Be jailed? Or worst comes to worst? Please help. Thank you.

This statement is not really making sense because other banks they receive payments from other people as long as you pay.however it might be a problem yet if you are listed.

That is why my husband is puzzled why the bank is not accepting the money that my husband supposed to full pay my loan in my behalf since i am already out from riyadh. I even have police clearance. They did not even hold my money even if it stated in my cheque that im going for final termination and its a final fee. Other banks usually deducts automatically knowing i still have pending loan amount balance. Or maybe the bank is after of their insurance and they would just report that i escaped from paying it.

That is why my husband is puzzled why the bank is not accepting the money that my husband supposed to full pay my loan in my behalf since i am already out from riyadh. I even have police clearance. They did not even hold my money even if it stated in my cheque that im going for final termination and its a final fee. Other banks usually deducts automatically knowing i still have pending loan amount balance. Or maybe the bank is after of their insurance and they would just report that i escaped from paying it.

The problem is when you visit your husband. You must try to send your husband first to the bank to find out about the arrest before you jump into the flight

Hi!! I just now I received a text message from SABB and they are asking me to settle my unpaid credit card worth 5787.21 saudi rial and if not they will refer the case to the concerned department for legal action.

What I did was add the Sadad number to my riyadh bank account thru online banking but there is no amount appearing and due date is October 1, 2015.

Can someone here help me what is the legal action they are saying or this is just a collection agency who wants to get money from me because I started receiving this SABB text message after a mobile number called me and telling me to settle my unpaid credit card bill.

Thanks to all in advance.

Hello,

I heard the case of one person was detained until he paid off everything, as far I know they open legal case, however I am not sure if that legal case can go up to the debtor to be jailed.

Hi there im also expat in saudi arabia. i have credit card from Samba Bank with outstanding balance of 7,857 SAR. Last 2018 i went to vacation in the Philippines and cant return to Saudi Arabia due to some problems. I always received email from bilkish company an Collecting Agency  based in UAE. They are keep sending me email and i replied to them just wait for some time and i will pay my debts. Also they have office in the Philippines they will do research were is your location and they will do anything just to pay the amount that you need to pay. Even your social media account they will track down all your frends and they will send message telling that you have outstanding loan from saudi arabia. I tried to email and call my bank in saudi arabia but they are not answering my emails and call.  Luckily i have frend in saudi arabia and i send money and my frend come to Samba Branch to pay the amount. Then this Collecting Agency promise me to give Bank Clearance after i paid my Debt but until now they didn't sent any Bank Clearance. Trying to email them from time to time but no response.

If you have not paid till now, then just pay your debts. It is the bank's right and ethically beautiful too. It will make your heart GENTLE.

Dear after how long you paid sabb loan  i mean how much late..and how mony fine on you .did they get extra mony from you . Anx extra charges ' fine or penaulty ..i have 11000 sr raining in 2019 .and i left ksa ..so giude me hiw much i need to pay to cleary loan ..