Moving to Mauritius

ForumExpatriate forumMoving to Mauritius
Moving to Mauritius
#1Today 11:48:18
Moving to Mauritius
Hello All,

I am a financial services professional evaluating a job offer to work in Mauritius. I have the below queries.

1. Is USD 60,000 a year, a good salary in Mauritius for a family of two? Approx what would be the tax, I'd be paying?
2. My wife is in the same field of work, how easy will it be for her to find a job?
3. Since I will be working in Ebene, I understand Quatre Bornes would be apt location to reside in. How much rent would I have to pay for a fully furnished 2 bedroom apartment?
4. I tried looking for prices of NEW cars online, couldn't find any. Current;y I drive a Hyundai Verna (diesel sedan), so I am looking at something equivalent?

Any information would be very helpful. Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Krishna11186 wrote:

ForumExpatriate forumMoving to Mauritius
Moving to Mauritius
#1Today 11:48:18
Moving to Mauritius
Hello All,

I am a financial services professional evaluating a job offer to work in Mauritius. I have the below queries.

1. Is USD 60,000 a year, a good salary in Mauritius for a family of two? Approx what would be the tax, I'd be paying?
2. My wife is in the same field of work, how easy will it be for her to find a job?
3. Since I will be working in Ebene, I understand Quatre Bornes would be apt location to reside in. How much rent would I have to pay for a fully furnished 2 bedroom apartment?
4. I tried looking for prices of NEW cars online, couldn't find any. Current;y I drive a Hyundai Verna (diesel sedan), so I am looking at something equivalent?

Any information would be very helpful. Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Hello,
Yes USD 60000 is a very good salary in Mauritius. This are 150,000 MUR per month. A normal Salary is round 15,000 per month. Surely there are also people they earn more.
Tax : 15%
For your wife: I don´t know. But, you find a Job, she surely also. For the same salary? I don´t mean.
Quatre Bornes is a good location, also Rose Hill. The rent is mostly between 10,000 and 20,000.
[Moderated: No free ad]
Car:  I think you have to phone. Or send me more details.hyundai.mu  A price for a used car : Hyundai Accent
Rs 285,000.00, Used 2009

Andreas

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for your response and providing me your contact details. I will def try and get in touch with you once things crystallize at my end and I am sure of a definitive time line for moving to Mauritius.

Hello Krishna,

[Moderated: Avoid phone Numbers over the Forum]

I wish you a good start at Mauritius.

Andreas

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/africa/m … _work.html