Average monthly expense in a month in Mauritius

Is a salary of 55000 Mauritian rupees enough to live and make some savings in Mauritius.
I am planning to move in to Moka

Hi Shinto Johny,

Have a look at the following thread : Cost of living 2019 in Mauritius   you will find some useful information.

Also you may do some research on the following website :  https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c … =Mauritius

All the best,
Bhavna

I like in Kenya and Numbeo informs that groceries and household items, beers..everything for home living, was 23% more expensive in Mauritius than Nairobi...so I used two online supermarkets, one in Mauritius one in Kenya, and compared 56 items of food and essentials...the results were Mauritius was actually 36%  cheaper than Nairobi..... so I would not believe all you read on these Cost of Living Sites.

If it's just for you or you and your partner, it's enough.
25k to 30k can easily take care of your household expenses (rent, internet, electricity, water, grocery), and a car. the rest is up to you.

@shiba178 , a car would cost 15k a month, rent can take 18k. Groceries 10k. Utilities 2k. That's 45K.

@Natty,
that also is correct but not absolutely correct.
on this site lexpresscars.mu, you can get a car for less than 10k a month.
for 15k (plus/minus bills), you can get a good apartment for just you or with your partner.
the rest can be for your groceries/leisure/savings/investment.

@shiba178 thanks for the response.
I got all my figures from this site hahaha.

I'm coming in by March next year and will be consulting you....if you don't mind.

Mine is a family of 3 with a monthly budget of 50k.
God help me...hahaha.