Return to Kuwait after 5 months- Kuwait driving license

Hi Everyone,

I have been a resident in Kuwait for 5 years and recently moved to Dubai. However, now i am in need to move back to Kuwait on a new residency (previous residence was cancelled before i left). My new visa will have profession as Engineer. i want to know if my Kuwait driving license (valid till 2019) will be valid and i can drive once i obtain my new residence. i did not cancel license before i left Kuwait 4 months back.

HIghly appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,Rakesh

Let me put myself in the policeman shoes. I stop you over, I check your civil ID (OK), I check your drivers license (valid till 2019), I check your registration (OK) .... I book you a traffic violation just for the heck of it and let you go. It's not about the license my friend ... it's all about MY POLICEMAN MOOD.

Just drive my friend, they're gonna get you for one thing or the other anyway :P

You should check on that since the new residence means new CID number!

rakeshasokan wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I have been a resident in Kuwait for 5 years and recently moved to Dubai. However, now i am in need to move back to Kuwait on a new residency (previous residence was cancelled before i left). My new visa will have profession as Engineer. i want to know if my Kuwait driving license (valid till 2019) will be valid and i can drive once i obtain my new residence. i did not cancel license before i left Kuwait 4 months back.

HIghly appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,Rakesh

no Mel, quite the opposite.

new residence will be with the same exact number; the problem is when they issue u a new residence number when u had a previous one.

when i was processing my wife's papers they asked me had she been in the country before, and they used the same exact unified number for her.

so ensure u dont make the mistake of getting a new residency number, coz it will cause a lot of hassle, especially with your drivers licence.

okay i have call me ***

Moderated by Cheryl 2 years ago
Reason : For security reasons, do not post your contact details on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Its not recommended to share any private contact details on public forum.

Closed