Want to start small business

Hello everybody,

Me and my husband are planning to move to Brussels on July, and I would like to start just a small business in there, like sell food, etc. I don't have any experience at all to do all that here, neither my husband. I don't have a lot of money to put as capital, that's why i am willing to start from really small one. Any idea, suggestions, and advice for all paperwork, how to start, or any important things to do? Thanks everyone.

Hello,
Contact this number 1819 or visit their website. It's a service created by the government to support entrepreneurs. They can help you with anything. Unfortunately it's only in French and Dutch. Main language in Brussels is French.

SonnyCrockett wrote:

Hello,
Contact this number 1819 or visit their website. It's a service created by the government to support entrepreneurs. They can help you with anything. Unfortunately it's only in French and Dutch. Main language in Brussels is French.

Thank you Sonny..

Yes, i am learning French at the moment, and i will try my best, so hopefully on July i can start deal speak with people and government properly. I will start looking at the website that you gave. Do you have any business experience in Brussels?

Is there any site in English with information for enterpreneur in Belgium (Brussels)? I can't find anything :(

marcinp wrote:

Is there any site in English with information for enterpreneur in Belgium (Brussels)? I can't find anything :(

Me neither, i can't find any English version, but i tried to do the translate little by little. It is good anyway to learn because if you want to start a business in Brussels i think it's important to understand the language, or at least you have someone close to translate you everything.

I just launched my freelance status, which is also regarded as a small business here in Belgium. I needed a diploma for business management which I followed for 6 months (once a week lessons) with the end work being a business proposal. Very handy indeed if you could already make one for the business you are thinking of putting up. If your husband has a bachelor degree then he doesn't need to follow a course, and neither do you. You can use his Belgian school diploma instead of a business management diploma when you ask for a business number. But it is much better to follow the course because there you can get a lot of information on how to go about with the legal aspects of starting your business.