Dubai Italian SUIT Scam is now in Abu Dhabi - Alert

Beware of this scam
This guy Gave me his card "GAETANO", card says he is Director, met him on 11th May at Corniche Parking Behind Le-Meridian, Abu Dhabi. Exactly same story, two suited Italian, Driver mid forties and passenger mid fifties. Said they had exhibition at Palace Hotel.
Same story first asked for YAS Island direction then apologising for bothering in such a hot summer time at 3.00PM (That's when all offices closes), very intimidating and kindest person you ever met. Then asked where I come from and once he knew I am from India, immediately claiming all old relationship including Sonia Gandhi and what not, like spicy food, fashion, bollywood etc..
After telling a big story about the exhibition and evening returning flight to Italy, and he wants to see the circuit in Yas. As I guided him with the direction, claiming as I helped him, he is willing to offer a gift. I said I can't accept gift then he said in return I can offer a gift to his daughter in Italy. He pulled out a nokia leaflet and said this is AED3500 worth Mobile which he wants to give to her daughter.
I did not had that much cash with me and asked I need to go to a cash machine, he said he will follow my car, anyway I withdrawn required amount and paid him AED3000 for 3 suits 1 leather ladies jacket and 1 Silk tie. Happily driving back to Dubai and quite pleased with the steal I had until I read articles in Dubai Jazz Blog, because my friend informed me that such things are going on in UAE.
His card details: GAETANO, Director, ALTA MODA Italy Fashion, Milano, +39 3391537448
His card got all details such as web (which is under construction ofcouse), fax, tel, email and what not (Must be fake)
Guys this needs extensive & wide circulatation?
May be Radio station guys can help and alarm the community.
Take Care,
Trianil
Note: What you should look for and gauge with these Incidents:
A rental car (this time it was Honda CRV Black), time, classy suited persons with black sunglasses and of course, the suits. I'm not an expert, but my brief inspection told me they aren't trashy. They certainly are counterfeit, might be selling stolen goods. But suits are good and somewhat pricey.
There's only one way this little venture could be profitable,
and that is this guy is stealing from his company and selling it outside. Because the goods are in great shape and are branded stuff. Please guys spread the word and don't be one of conned ones.
My lesson :( should be your gain :), so look out for these thugs (Are they really?, I am not sure because the stuff is really good and might be that worth?)

Stupid me got caught today in marina mall car park, similar scam asking way to dubai, card he gave web site under construction, 3 suits good quality, ladies jacket and some ties got hit for a bit more seems to have gone up mark now wanting computer for daughter going home tomorrow, this time silver bmw.
card alta moda italy fashion

+39 33 84 33 0796 does not work also 
rome number fax 39 06 309 6096

[email protected]

watch out guys these are 2 very smooth operators

I just met these guys out on the corniche in Abu Dhabi and story is  the same as the first one above (going back to Italy, daughter wants iphone). The one guy is so smooth - really good scam artists. Luckily i walked away, but the hook is really convincing. WATCH OUT!

I was approached by the same guy outside Al Ain Hotel in Abu Dhabi. Same story, looking for Yas etc. I didn't give him the time of day....

lol. you guys where just introduced the the oldest con in the world. i had a similar incident back home (didnt give the guys the time or day). Heck, i was even shown an Italian passport. I guess the con of the Italian fashion supplier crosses continents.

Yes, here again in Abu Dhabi today April 9, 2011 - Khalifa St. Exactly the same as above! 

It kind of struck me as odd to be trying on suits in 35 degrees... and how well they fitted (they were in raptures at my elegance!). Wanted cash towards iPhone -  3700 dhs.

So I took ten suits. Not.

Watch out in Dubai Deira (12.4.11 2pm) . Mr. Gaetano works now here. Was asked for the way to airport. The same story, very friendly, very clever.
I was offered three suits and for the I Pod present for the daughter.  I didn t buy anything, but it was close!

Dear All,

i have taken pic of such people & would like to post so that others can be ware. somehow i cannot upload it here. can any1 tell me how to?

dear all,

i also remember while taking his photo, i got his car number plate & through which i think we can get his identity. can any1 help?

Guys,

I also got conned by this artist in Dubai! I've done quite a lot of research on the web and found out a lot about it!

It's not 1 person operating alone, there's a gang of 20 to 30 people operating this scam in the UAE for the past 6 years (members of the Mafia). They are originally from Naples, holding fake identities/addresses and they've been searched internationally as they have criminal history in other countries where the scam reached higher levels. They remain in the UAE due to a lack of extradition treaties. This is just one of the many italian organized crimes that have been operated globally.

Organized Crime is nowdays the biggest business in Italy according to the Confesercenti authoritative report, it takes about 250 million dollars a day from retailers and businessmen. The UAE is an important crossroads for business, and as result, also for crime. These gangs normally mantain legitime business holdings worldwide that are offen used as a cover for their criminal operations.

Be aware of this scam! The name Gaetano is associated to a range of other scams worldwide. These people are extremely skilled and enjoy taking honest money from others! The best artists wear suit and tie, and the funny thing is that I recently saw the same guy on a maserati!

CHECK OUT THESE LINKS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aSSzZv5d60http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCYtpaO6 … ure=relmfu

PS: bilalsk, I would like to see your picture, please contact me! I think you definetely should upload it here!

Oh Man, I would say, they are good sales people. :D

I just got scammed by a very smooth guy, Max, Fashion Designer with Armani card, suit, price sheet - all the same story... and suits. His UAE car plate was 14 57638.

ITALIAN SUIT SCAM IS BACK!!!
This incident happened to my fiance today, 14 April 2021.
This happened when he was about to left at the parking area of a commercial building in Business bay, Dubai at 1:00PM, when an Italian looking guy with Italian accent, approached him, maybe on his 50's or 60's, wore a descent business attire. Since he is working as a coffee supplier (Italian origin) they just discussed about it since he claimed he is an Italian. Afterwards, he mentioned about the branded suits he is selling "EMPORIO ARMANI COLLEZIONE" and even handed his business card, he came by the name of Antonio (Manager). He keeps on insisting him to buy it for 1500 AED only Buy 1 Take 1 because he is about to go back to Italy for vacation and he wants it to be sold immediately.
He keeps on bugging my fiance to buy it and convinced him to pay whatever amount he has in his pocket. Good thing he only got 230 AED in cash, after getting the cash he quickly put the suit in the back of his car and left. He informed me and realized he was scammed after he checked the suit. The fabric is not as nice as other branded suits he owned before. So, I tried to send them an email as per his business card and the email bounced back to me. I also learned that this Italian suit scam has been here in Dubai since 2010 (as per some forums/groups I found on the internet)
I hope you can help me to disseminate this information to the public for the awareness. Thanks guys