Finding a job and work sponsorship in the USA

Hello afafwork,

Welcome to expat.com!

Kindly note that @usmc_mv no longer uses his account and this discussion is not that much active.

For this reason, I invite you to create a new discussion on the USA forum where you can ask about all your queries.

Cheers,

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Yoginee thx

If you ar not US citizen or resident, you must be high skilled and find a company willing to sponsor you...

Is there any list of companies which we can find who make sponsorship for US? Because the most of the companies does not make sponsorship and to send them CV`s it will be just weasting your time. No one is gonna answer you.

As far as I am aware, there is no such list.

Perseverance is the best thing and keep on sending out your CV. 

@usmc_mv Thank you, for this usefull information!

What about if you have optional stay in the States with friends/family and you only need a Visa, as in permit to work in the States and off course the job. Is that something you can mention on an e-mail or cover letter?

Because I'm already working on this for a while to go abroad and live in the States, but so far no succes.

Kind regards,

Eveline Van Bogaert

To know people who live in USA doesn't count for the work visa. You must absolutely find a sponsor company to be able work. And to get one, comes the problem of skills and graduates eligibles...

That really a nice information.

Wow thats really a helpfull information.

@usmc_mv

Hello!!

Thank you for the article, it is very intructive.

i have just a question: What is the Visa required for Someone who want Study and WORK?

@usmc_mv
Hello!!
Thank you for the article, it is very intructive.
i have just a question: What is the Visa required for Someone who want Study and WORK?
-@AmoDiallo

You can't work during your studies only in the Campus for 15h per week. But there are few jobs offered. They are quickly taken...

Hi. I'm isaac from Nigeria I wish I could work in USA or in any where in Europe please how will you help me out

Hi. I'm isaac from Nigeria I wish I could work in USA or in any where in Europe please how will you help me out
-@olayidetemitopeisaac

Hello,

It depends your qualifications. If you have a Master degree, you can apply for a position in Europe or USA, knowing in Europe, some countries ask local language knowledge moreover or without English and Central and Eastern countries are not suitable for an African.

If you don't have a Master degree, but at least a secondary school graduate and professional experience (or a professional education), you can try immigration processus for Canada.

@STEFFIFI yes I have secondary certificate

And in which branch? Do you have job experience?

Yes I have job experience of draughtsmen 11years

Ah yes, hard to get an artist visa... Do you have published, had press article, won prizes?

@STEFFIFI no I don't but if you can help me with any way out I will be glad

@usmc_mv oh good question

I am a digital marketer and SEO expert

@STEFFIFI no I don't but if you can help me with any way out I will be glad
-@olayidetemitopeisaac

Sorry, but it is impossible in this case... You could play to the Green Card lottery but for this year, it is closed. It is on October.

@usmc_mv  very useful information. I have been receiving several appointment interviews from American aviation companies up to even yesterday. I think the problem is my mobile number because I am currently in Nairobi Kenya. Any advice on How I can proceed with the interviews? I need help

Have you tried to ask interviews by Skype, Zoom or Teams?

Hello.

That is nice post about job search in USA I really appreciate your advice....

Hello my name is scholastica I am looking for a job in USA

Hello scholasticamihayo01,

Welcome to expat.com!

What are your academic qualifications and in which sector would you like to work?

Yoginee

Expat.com team

@Yoginee hi I'm younas khan

I'm carpintar and driver looking for work

@Yoginee hi I'm younas khan
I'm carpintar and driver looking for work
-@younas11387

These jobs are not eligible for the working visa... Try Canada for carpenter job.

Hello sorry I don't speak English very well I speaking French I need your help please s'il vous plaît es ce qu'il quelqu'un qui parle français??

S'il vous mon mari avait déposé le dossier fiançailles pour nous et étant au usa il reçu une lettre que sa été approuvé et maintenant on attend une autre lettre pour les documents qu'il faut  fournir  je sais pas sa peut prendre combien de temps s'il vous plaît pour qu'on m'appelle pour l'interview 🙏🙏??

S'il vous mon mari avait déposé le dossier fiançailles pour nous et étant au usa il reçu une lettre que sa été approuvé et maintenant on attend une autre lettre pour les documents qu'il faut fournir je sais pas sa peut prendre combien de temps s'il vous plaît pour qu'on m'appelle pour l'interview 🙏🙏??
-@Naniu Mamat

Please ask your questions in the French part of the site here.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4112

Hello sorry I don't speak English very well I speaking French I need your help please s'il vous plaît es ce qu'il quelqu'un qui parle français??
-@Naniu Mamat

Vous pouvez poster sur la partie francophone ;)

Hi

I trust and hope you are well?

Is there any work agency that you could recommend for driving jobs in the US that hires foreign drivers?

Kind & Best Regards

Veeran

Hello,

No, there is not... What can of diving are you looking for? Because if it trucks, maybe in Canada, you could but in USA it is pratically impossible...

Hello,

I'm canadian, working in accounting professional. Start get sick with cold and want to looking a job to move to TX. I have my sister living in TX who filled F4 for me 8 years ago. Any advice on how yo get job and move there ?

Hello,

I am from Belgium and my employer (an international company that already has an office in Houston) has asked me to move to Houston to work there. They would send me on a L-1(B) visa.

My girlfriend would move with me. Am I right that she would be getting the L-2 visa and she could work in the US then? Would the search for a job be easier for her then, because she would already be in the US and she would not have to go through the process of sponsorship, etc?

Lookinf forward to your advice.

Regards,

Dimi

Hello,
I am from Belgium and my employer (an international company that already has an office in Houston) has asked me to move to Houston to work there. They would send me on a L-1(B) visa.

My girlfriend would move with me. Am I right that she would be getting the L-2 visa and she could work in the US then? Would the search for a job be easier for her then, because she would already be in the US and she would not have to go through the process of sponsorship, etc?

Lookinf forward to your advice.
Regards,
Dimi
-@Diemie13

You must be married for she can follow you with a L2. If not, she must have a sponsorship and it is very hard because she has to have a Master, find a company in Houston or surroundings and be drawn by the H1B (work visa out of posted worker, what you are or entrepreneur visa) lottery...

Hi Steffifi,

Yes, we will get married in the next months, before we move to Houston :-)

I was just wondering whether it would be easier for her to find a job, since she does not have to go through the sponsorship etc. She has a master (and post-graduate) in multilingual communication and Human Resources.

Thanks.

Diemie

Master is ok for sponsorship but her Human Resources education is according Belgian legislation... So, it is different in USA... International Communication is ok but firstly, she must find an employer in Houston or surroundings and the H1B visa (it is the "classic work visa" without transfer) is obtained, after to find an employer during a draw in April-May (only 5000). But she can apply for an intern visa J1 (not need to be student) for 18 months max. So, it let you the time to marry ;) But it will be an intern salary...

Thank you for the information regarding sponsorship and visas. I understand that Master's education in Human Resources is according to Belgian legislation, which may be different in the USA. However, I am willing to explore options for obtaining an H1B visa to work in Houston or its surroundings. I am also open to the possibility of applying for a J1 intern visa for up to 18 months, which could give me more time to find a suitable employer and potentially even consider marriage. I appreciate your guidance on these matters.