Psychotherapist with UK license practicing in the USA

HI!! I am an American citizen but I'm pursuing my Bachelor's degree in the UK and looking to take a Masters' there to. After I get my UK license to practice psychotherapy, I plan on moving to the US and practicing there. Is a British license equivalent to a UK license? Will I need to fulfill additional requirements to practice there? What is the process exactly?

Thank you so much!!

I would suggest you look up the state board licensing requirements for the state you intend to move to.  There will be guides to help you on their websites.  I'm sure you'll need your degree evaluated by a NACES agency to start with.


Thank you for the suggestion! Very much appreciate it!