How realistic is it to find a job- visa sponsor online?

Hi.

I'm 24 and I'm toying with the idea of moving to the US to work there for a year or two. Maybe even an internship for a few months, which one I can get.

I stayed in the US for 4 months, 2 years ago, through a Work and Travel program in Ohio. I worked on a Golf Course with a J1 Visa. It was cool, I liked it. I think I adapted pretty well.

I got my masters in criminal law a few months ago and seeing as I've lived in a small european country my whole life, I want to get out and see more of the world. Plus I'm very bored here and unhappy. :)

I tried to look for an internship last year in the US, I applied to about 200 law firms and NGOs online. I got turned down from every single one of them. Most listed that they don't sponsor for a visa.

I send out so letters to apply to some companies about a month ago too, I have yet to get a reply. I'm starting to think, this thing can't be done, unless you know someone in the US who knows you and would be willing to sponsor you.

So my question is, has anyone found an employer that has acted like a sponsor so you could work in the US?

If so, how and where? If you don't mind sharing. :)

Hi Sanumen,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

You can also try to put an advert in the Jobs in USA section.

I hope other members will be able to help you.

I wish you good luck,
All the best,
Christine

Hi it is not easy and you will be damm lucky if you can get smebody. Contact your Embassy in the US and speak to an official in the Trade section. They might be able to assit you but it might be best if you can get somebody in your home country who will "sponsor" you. This will mean that you will have to pay the amount for the visas yourself. To get an employer here is to hope for nothing.