Residence Visa

I am currently on a visitors visa and have extended my visa, that expires on the 9th of July, we are going home on the 4th of July for a two week vacation. What is expected from me to apply for a residency visa from this side and from South Africa. Do I first apply from my home country or from Saudi Arabia seeing that I am here.

Hope someone can help as I find this procedure very nerverecking.

Regards

Lisa

kubu2505 wrote:

I am currently on a visitors visa and have extended my visa, that expires on the 9th of July, we are going home on the 4th of July for a two week vacation. What is expected from me to apply for a residency visa from this side and from South Africa. Do I first apply from my home country or from Saudi Arabia seeing that I am here.

Hope someone can help as I find this procedure very nerverecking.

Regards

Lisa

Are you here on a job as of now or visiting family as a dependent.

If you are here on job, then your employer / sponsor should get the work visa for you, If he does not have one he needs to apply this to the labor office and this process can take more than 3 months. Your current visit visa means - he does not have a work visa yet.

If you are here as a dependent, then who is that issued the visit visa for you should apply for a dependent resident visa for you. These are usually granted to spouse / children and in rare cases mothers / sisters.

Once the visa is issued from KSA, you need to approach the Saudi Embassy in Pretoria to get this endorsed in your passport.

Thank you for your quick response, my husband is my sponsor, do I need to do a medical here first or in RSA.
How long will it take from KSA side to issue the visa as my documents and passport has been forwarded.

kubu2505 wrote:

Thank you for your quick response, my husband is my sponsor, do I need to do a medical here first or in RSA.
How long will it take from KSA side to issue the visa as my documents and passport has been forwarded.

Since your husband is the sponsor - he needs to apply for family visa first with MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) through his sponsor. Details about the requirements can be found in this forum.

Once the visa is issued, you will have to do medical test in SA and submit the visa, medical results, passport , application form and photos along with the fees to embassy in pretoria and the visa will be endorsed.

Catch the next flight and you will be in Ryd. Good luck.

Thank you for your help and I formation - now it is more clear.

Lisa

kubu2505 wrote:

Thank you for your help and I formation - now it is more clear.

Lisa

You are welcome.

Hi HR Guru

Can you Pls let us know the document required for getting the visa endorsed apart for the doc mentioned below in home country.

I have two daughter one is 8 yrs old and another is 18 month old. Since below 12 yrs they don't have to undergo medical test. They have to provide their Vaccination card. So my question is whether that vaccination card need to be translated or attested or anything else.?

the document which I know is required for visa endorsement in home country is

1. Passport copy of mine since I am the sponsor for them
2. Iqama copy of mine
3. Original Passport for My Wife and my two daughter
4. Two Photograph for each of them.

Any other document is required.

Apprecaite if you can mail me the details on my mail id [email protected]

Thanks.