I need y'all's help. Applying for a tourist Visa to the USA

Salaam and Hi everyone,

I need help and advice, its time i ask for help from you guys :D

I'm thinking of visiting the USA, as a tourist most probably, I want to visit many states, east south and west. I have friends scattered through out the country, i want to visit as many as I can.

I've been digging in the Local US Embassy for information but any usefull input you guys can give would help me out a whole lot.

I'm posting this here because I'm going to apply from saudi arabia, its different applying from here then anywhere else plus im not saudi so its even more different. so posting anywhere else would not help as much in my opinion.

I don't want to do anything stupid that would cause my visa request to be rejected because if possible I'd like to go this summer, and waiting another year would really be a let down.

and for any cheap punk who thinks i want to migrate in an illegle way, get a life and troll somewhere else :P

so throw in some tips and advice, aside from Japan, this could be by far my most adventurous adventure yet.

Salman

Here are some informations learned from a friend of mine who went there (from France but it doesn't really change)

Everything has to be done from here :

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

And then, you will have to go the American embassy to get your Visa and you will be questionned, tested on your English level...

Krysman25 wrote:

And then, you will have to go the American embassy to get your Visa and you will be questionned, tested on your English level...

Tested on his English level to visit as a tourist???  You're wrong there.

But this I *will* tell you.  I know why people commonly get turned down: it's when they think you are not going to return to your country.  You have to show that you have ties in your country and good reason to return.  Usually this is proven by owning property in your country, having a wife (or husband) and children, a bank account and a job.  I personally know two guys who were turned down for visas, both academics, one in China and the other in Iran. They were both invited to attend international symposiums in their fields in the US and one of them was actually invited to speak!  However, neither could meet the criteria (property, bank account, etc.) and so their visa requests were denied.

You also have to be able to prove you have the money needed to support yourself on a visit.

And nowadays, if they think there is a chance--however remote--that you have any connection to terrorism, you can kiss the visa goodbye.

Of course, expats in Saudia had to jump through hoops to get visas to be here so this isn't the exclusive domain of the western countries but I know I had a problem getting a visa to  certain country (not Israel!) because I was arriving from (and living in) Saudia so it can be problematic.

Best of luck!

I guess they've made it much easier nowadays. I mean I've heard LOT many people got visas in recent period; even a few of them got it in 2-3 days. Something seasonal or coincidental, i'm not sure. One more thing to add to what Alliecat said, the more are the number of visit visas of other countries on your passport, the brighter are your chances in the US embassy.

I did apply from here at Riyadh and I guess I did make that Digital on this EB forum, but Unfortunately cant find it :(

TheLegendLeads wrote:

One more thing to add to what Alliecat said, the more are the number of visit visas of other countries on your passport, the brighter are your chances in the US embassy.

You're right--good point! :)

thanks everyone, and thanks Allie :D you are always the best.

any tips on the interview? if i make it that far into the embassy without being shot at.

Bump.

Salman Omrani wrote:

Bump.

??????

saimans wrote:
Salman Omrani wrote:

Bump.

??????

O_o ..... what?

you guys really hurt my feelings ya know :whistle:

I would like a little attention when its the first time i ever asked for help, this isn't even funny. i mean after all these years i've been helping out. :cheers: I've been helping yall out an stuff. sheesh..

I might as well get a new profile with a cute name an a girls pic to get you attention.

no fun party poopers :P

:kiss: Salman

Let me be the first to toss in some tips.

1- Let the above mentioned stuff stay in your RAM during the interview.

2- Stay careful about not giving them any false idea about possible traces in your mind NOT to return. I mean tell them you have strong family and professional ties here and there is a fat chance of not returning.

3- Be ready for any questions about your financial statement. For example, there may be a sudden spike in recent period. Tell the fact that you've sold your car to increase the balances and you've plans to buy a new one on returning from the trip.

Salman Omrani wrote:

you guys really hurt my feelings ya know :whistle:

I would like a little attention when its the first time i ever asked for help, this isn't even funny. i mean after all these years i've been helping out. :cheers: I've been helping yall out an stuff. sheesh..

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3128/2881462206_8fdfb394ed.jpg

Okay, sorry about the pic lol  But have you considered that most on this forum have no experience with what you're asking about? 

Westerners have no problem getting visas and many of the other members have never even tried OR maybe went on student (not tourist) visas.

Just to add my 2 cents, my father has been to US twice on tourist visa's and what he said was quite a simple process, especially when you have done your documentation properly and declared your assets and your ties.

They don't usually judge your English at the interview, it is what Alliecat & LL said that they like to understand how much you are settled with your life in your country, which gives them the confidence that you will return back