Dubai or Abu Dhabi

If you have option to live in Dubai or Abu Dhabi, which one do you choose and why?

Abu Dhabi all the way...
1)less crowded
2)monthly lineup of world class events!(F1, concerts, wakestock, arts,dance, festival)
3) corniche
4) peace and quiet
5) roads are less confusing
6) everything is within walking distance
7) the infrastucture of the city changes but people and life remains the same, you still recognize the places you grew up.
8) Jobs are still plenty (salaries not that high) but you are sure to grow with the city as it never leaves anyone behind, you grow with it.
9)The city planners invest their money wisely in Abu Dhabi. they dont go building everything at once! So its pretty stable around here....the economy i mean.
10) Dunno if this is positive or not but there are more dubai people here than in Dubai at the moment (i know coz i see the license plates everyday), Abu Dhabi city is THAT good!
11) There is a strong sense of culture here (Al Ain City adds alot to it, Al Ain is a part of Abu Dhabi).

I do feel same about Abu Dhabi, yet we can't avoid the painful driving to Dubai almost every weekend for entertainment. Malls, parks, places, restaurants, etc. are much different.

hi guys,

I'd like to go to abu dabi. Do you have any tips for me before my journey.

Thanks a lot.

Peace.

I'm considering a teaching job in Abu Dhabi. I went to Dubai on New Year's weekend recently and was not impressed. Lots of big buildings and malls but not a lot of life or real community. There's a large Indian "community" but they act more like the Indian expats in Saudi Arabia - worker bees with little interest in becoming true UAE members because in fact, just as in Saudi, the Arab government has no interest in truly integrating them or encouraging them to act like true Abu Dhabians. And again, it's just as in Saudi - a non saud can be in the country his whole life and be nothing more than a worker. Dubai seems to have followed the same course. So, I'll visit Abu Dhabi and see if it's any better. Judging from the posts above, it seems it just might be. And even so, I suspect that if pay is not good enough, then there'd be little motivation for me to move to the UAE. At least Saudi Arabia has that - great salaries.

Check out the Glenelg school of Abu Dhabi, I heard they offer good salaries. gsad.sch.ae/

Abu Dhabi sure......
it have everything...
family can have fun in parks beaches and quite atmosphere...
singles can have fun to mingle in clubs and cafes and everywhere...
alot of outdoor activities...
24/7 events....
its just awsome

i lived in dubai for 4 years and just moved to ad 6 months back so i am totally disagree with choosing  abu dhabi !!!

* the streets being empty from 9 oclock even in weekends and u feel like it is a ghosts  city

* most people over here go cornich walking or !!! to rent a bicycle cost u 60 dirham  per hour !!!
*or go to malls and the half of these malls built since 20 years except marina mull while in dubai wow u will find many many malls , cafes   , clubs and really fancy places

* Every street u find a traffic light and do not even think to go anywhere in rush-hour or u will stuck on trafficand let's talking about parkingggggg u spend 30 min to park u car then u leave it in the middle of the road and  there is no alternative streets like dubai

* everything here more expensive than dubai

i wanna go back living in dubai :(

Defo Dubai!!!

AD is concrete city, residential buildings are far to close to one another, nothing to do, forget it if you are single but good for a weekend getaway.

driving is alo crazy in ad, no parking, i no its mad in dubai but the people their are worse, young guys with fast cars, dubai had to many cars in one place and frustration went to anger, which went to madness, difference.

Ad is a beautiful place and i was suppose to live in AD when i first arrived from the uk, but noooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaay and why do people stare and guys follow you around, peope have to much time on their hands and i do dress appropritaly but the people their are backward.

there is one thing i like about AD, i feel like i'm in the emirates, which is a very good thing, but its...

Dubai Dubai Dubai all the way!!!!!

I would love to stay in Abu Dhabi in the weekdays and of course Dubai in the weekends! :P

Abu Dhabi, here is more quite & clean, nice green park & road...
Dubai is so noisy,but kind of interesting for tourists