Help im new but intend moving to abu dhabi within the next month

hi everybody. i intend moving to abu dhabi within the next month but i would just like to find out more info as i would be employed so i would have to seek employment and accomodation. could anybody tell me is accomodation reasonably priced and normally how long does it take to get a job. i know im asking a broad line question but any advice and information is welcome. i would like to make new friends onthis forums too :)

Hey thr
Getting job in Abu Dhabi or Dubai depends upon what industry u belong to or want to join. There has been little concerns about jobs in Dubai coz of the recession but the situation is getting optimistic slowly.. Accommodation too depends upon where u wanna stay and what u looking for. A single room may start from 3k dhms, studio may start from 40k p/a, 1 bhk may start from 60k so it depends upon what u rent.
Hope this helps
:)

hey shailalone. thanks buddy it helps alot. i have a degree in business but i would settle for any admin or office job. i just want to get myself in UAE and then find my feet and work myself up. what do you do? and how is your accomodation? i would just like to rent a 1 bedroom place suited for a guy.

Hey Ed

A degree in business shd get u a job easily in F&B, Retail or even in banks..Am into advertising n have been staying here in a room. Am quite new here so even am trying to figure out things..
Whr u from??

lol weldone my friends actually call me ed:)im from south africa buddy.what you doing in the advertising world? thanks for the positivity. how did you get that accomodation and how you finding things seeing that you stll new?

Call me Shail..I do loads of stuff for ma clients related to branding and communication across various medias..
My accommodation was taken care by my company but finding an accommodation isnt that tough as long as u're sure of ur budget and location.Having a car helps however Dubai's got metro as well.(not abu dhabi:P)
Things are good here dude..I came here in winter so weather was amazing however summer is arriving soon... i love the night life here..Shit load of party places n nite clubs..
U can get any kinda food u want, any brand u want...So get down  n get rocking:P

LOL 4sure shail. thats what i need to find out, how much is accomodation, food,transport etc seeing that i would need to pocket that myself and i believe the cost of living up there is quite expensive. i would love to get down and rocking buddy but im struggling with employment and i have been applying like mad. i want to leave south africa asap. but there is still things i need to find out about dubai & abu dhabi because im sure i would be lost without friends or family that side

Thats true man, without friends or family it kinda gets tough here..However just to give you an idea your accommodation, food, transport etc can cost u upto 5k dhms. It may be less or more depending on your lifestyle..Now i dunno how this is gonna sound but regarding ur job, if u want u can send me ur resume n i can frwd it to any of the job consultants over here.Wld be helpful if you have some experience in watever field u worked for..Not promising anything bt i can try something from ma side..ma id is [email protected]
Cheers

i would appreciate it that so much shail. tel me what is the most common form of communication seeing that im in south africa would they give me a call or would they email me. because im not to sure if the number i provided is in correct international format lol i hope it is. do you think if i get a visit visa would i get a job within that 30 days? im being optimistic:)

Hey ed
I got ur cv n seems to u wld be best for some Marketing jobs since u got 3 years of experience as a marketing manager..The common form of communication here is phone and email however am nt sure if anyone wld try contacting you over ur south african no n ur cv is missing ur email id...Coming here on visit visa n then applying for a job sounds like a good idea however i wld suggest u getting in touch with job consultants in ur city who also handle international recruitment.. Ill also speak to ma frds here n find out what is the best way of getting a job in dubai or abu dhabi..Gimme a couple of days eh..meanwhile drop in or gtalk or msn messenger id if u have any
Its always good to be optimistic mate:)

Dude i got this awesome article. Go through it.Its vvery helpful

http://www.grapeshisha.com/get-a-job-in … etter.html

damn shail i must say that is an impressive article hey. thanks for the interest shown on helping me. i think im going to have to do what they say and get on a plane and come get it :)i have been looking at dubbizle for accomodation but my only prob is that i dont know what area is what. could you give me tips on certain good areas please buddy

thanks

hey no worries man...I got ur mail but cldnt reply ya coz was a lil busy today..wld u lemme know ur budget for the room so that i can suggest u some areas as the rent varies from location to location

thats just it i dunno yet. the uae dhm currency confuse me a bit so i normally look at the dollar $ currency. at this moment the budget would be quite average just the basics such as maybe a furnished room/apartment with the basics as suitable sanitry and living conditions.

Oh k...Dude i knw am not helping much but i really want you to read this one more blog coz i blv it will give you more clarity as to wat kinda money u shd be looking for here..
crap-free.com/dubai-expat/cost-of-living-in-dubai-in-euro-dollars-gbp-aed/

I spoke to ma friends n all of dem suggested the best of getting a job here is to come down and apply for it..Am gonna show ur resume to a consultant tomorrow n see if he can do smthing..Ill keep u posted.
If possible open up an email account on GMAIL..Wld hardly take you 5 minutes
Ciao

hey bud im going 2 mail u an updatd an better formulated cv of mine 1st thing 2moro morning then u can show that 1 to the consultant. thanks a mil buddy

hey bud in what area are you staying in dubai? because there are so many places im reading and hearing of? where you stay is the accomodation reasonably priced? i have been checking out dubizzle and it seem there is alot of apartments and accomodation all over

I stay in a place called Deira, ed...This place is mostly inhabited by south east asians and middle easterns..U need to take place keeping in mind the distance u gonna travel for ur office.Staying at places connected with metro also helps in the first few months since u wldnt have a license to drive arnd..
Ma boss says its easier for brits,europeans, and s. Africans to get a job here and they get paid well too. Am sure u too will get smthing nice here..Till u get a job u can stay at any ares suitable to ur budget n once u have it ull be in a better position to chose the area

i will check out dubizzle for places in that area. if your boss says that south africans get jobs easier in deira then i think i should make that my 1st choice for accommodation. thanks buddy i really appreciate the lengths you going hrough for me. when im in dubai i will owe you big time for everything.

My boss says S.Africans can get a job anywhere in Dubai man..:D N u dnt owe me anything man, just lemme whn u in dubai, we'll catch up for drinks.
Cheers

hey buddy you have any feedback from the consultant you showed my cv? im trying my luck now big time..... your boss seems cool are there perhaps any vacancies?;)

Hey Ed
That consultant seems to be a small one n didnt have much openings..Unfortunately even in ma company thr rnt any openings since they r still trying to recover from recession. However try checking out this link

https://www.expat.com/en/guide/middle-e … dubai.html

thanx bud. ok enough about me and my sadness and lotsa enquiring about jobs accomodation etc so how you finding dubai, what do you do weekends and hows life in general

Hey Ed
Sorry 4 late reply budd..Lil busy over a project..neways, hope ya doing fine..Coming to ur question life in general is quite good here..U got loads of clubs n pubs here for niteouts along wid many malls for shopping n stuff. The city also keeps conducting many concerts and events so basically something is always happening in Dubai & Abu dhabi.. Dubai also has some real good restaurants for every kind of taste..The only thing that i find maself tough is to make frds..People are quite friendly here bt it takes sometime to become frds..:)
Hows ur job hunting going on??Whn do u plan to come down here??I blv it wld be after the World Cup eh

hey bud yip its been a while since i heard from you. what project you working on? why is it hard making friends? thought expats would stick together... job hunting is still going well but im not hearing anything no feed back hey its making me a lil dispondent. the sooner i come the better i dont mind missing the world cup here by us

Hey ed
am so sorry man for this rude behavior..got stuck up in a damn project of ma client.One of ma healthcare client went through rebranding and we were helping them out with the launch...
I was wondering y dnt u just come dwn here n start looking for a job.Applying for it frm thr isnt gonna help u much unless u knw some real good consultants. I wld suggest prioritize your industry. Select few companies, pack ur luggage, come down here  n start hunting. Plan up properly n lemme knw. In the meanwhile ill be looking out for things. If smthing good turns up, will let ya knw. Dnt lose heart buddy.Something will come up soon
Be well

hey my long lost friend

i was thinking that but many people is telling me that its taking to big of a risk going there without anything friends or family. what if i dont get anything then i have nothing to fall back on. i would love to pack up and leave right away but would i be succesful in my job hunt.... thanks buddy i give me hope and i appreciate you helping me...