Work permit

hello everyone,

my employer just recently apply me a work permit..i just wanna ask if its necessary to photo copy the entire pages of your passport including the blank pages?coz my employer told me that the etc ask for it..is it the new requirements or policy of etc nowadays?coz before they only ask for the front and back page..can somebody gve there thought on this matter pls..thank u very much

Hi danicateh,

they have always required copies of all pages as only you know that they are blank. They could contain relevant information concerning immigration to the EU.

Is it difficult to find and get work as a nurse when you are from a non-EU country ? I get a lot of questions about that.

Cheers
Ricky

oh i see...thanks for the info ricky..i hope the etc wont gve me a hard time coz i already have my registration here in malta.

Hi danicateh,

with registration you mean work permit or residency or ...?

If your future employer applies for a work permit for you and follows the rules it should be ok but in Malta you never know !

Cheers
Ricky

registration to work as a nurse here..well i hpe there would be n problem..coz i've been through a lot of stress already :(

Hi danicateh,

I hope it works out.

Registration as a nurse is what it says ! It has nothing to do with actually getting a work permit if your employer is willing to  file for you.

If you need more advice let me know ! How long have you been in Malta? I hope your visa is still valid ?

Cheers
Ricky

well my employer already file an application for my working permit.now im just waiting for the etc's respond to give me the list of medical examination that im going to take...my concern is that can i do the medical examination in a private hospital?

Hi danicateh,

maybe we are talking about two different things?

The ETC will consider a work permit for you in Malta based on your present qualifications as a nurse and work market considerations.

I'm not sure what you mean by the medical examinations that you are going to take. If you are already registered as a nurse here in Malta I would have thought that the relevant board  has checked your qualifications and certificates. If you are still appealing the disapproval of your registration and have gained the necessary hours then you will have to sort out your qualifications as nurse before applying for a job with the ETC.

Make sure your current visa does not expire before you are through the process, including the residency application. There is a new procedure in force since January 2013.

Cheers
Ricky

ricky is it necessary to apply for residency?

Hi danicateh,

yes, otherwise you will have to leave Malta before your visa expires.

If you can apply for residency in Malta and it is granted then you can stay in Malta until your residence permit expires.

When does your present visa expire ?

Cheers
Ricky

it will be expired this coming march 31..but i dont think i can apply for residency coz i dont have my working permit yet..am i ryt?

Hi danicateh,

if you are applying as employed , yes ! You will need to show the job contract and work permit as you are non-EU.

What kind of visa do you have ? A tourist visa or student visa?

Please be aware that you can only apply for residency and work permit as long as your visa is not expired. It has to be valid until you collect the documents.

Cheers
Ricky

im holding a working visa but my working permit is already expired,so i need to wait for my new working permit..ricky thank you very much for all this info.i really appreciate it,as i am new here in malta, i mean not that new but its hard when you are stranger in a country and you dont have friends..im so stress about this things,i've been through a lot starting from my nursing registration..

Hi danicateh,

from what you say I'm not quite sure about the kind of visa you hold. I'm not really aware of a working visa ! You mean residency granted on the basis of a work permit ?

Where you able to successfully appeal and get the registration as nurse?

Normally the residency is granted as long as the work permit!

I hope you get a new work permit in time to renew your residency.

Be aware that the new residency procedures are taking very long and that you will have a long wait to get an appointment. If in doubt you should contact the department.

Cheers
Ricky

thanks ricky!!
yes i won the appeal for my nursing registration and they grant me an immediate registration..

Hello there,

I have been reading ur post this morning and i was wondering if you can help me pls with some information's and advises.

Im tunisian working in libya for almost four years as business development manager and looking to relocate to malta
pls would you let me know how i can apply for a work permit

your help is an assist

regards

Fahad

Hi Fahad,

you can't apply for a work permit yourself. You need an employer who is willing to apply for your work permit and follow the regulations.

Once you have the work permit you can apply for a residence permit that needs to be renewed every year.

So you first step would be to find a job in your field in Malta. Everything else would fall in place.

Cheers
Ricky